Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to Descent and would really like to have all the old monsters and heroes. Seeing that it would not be cost effective to buy all the expansions I was wondering if anyone was buying the conversion kit then doing homemade tokens for the heroes and monsters? If so what are you using and how are you making them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You really don't need em if you already have the Kit, there are some files here which says how many squares the monster have, so you can use your minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the kit. I was asking is it worth it to get the kit and make tokens for them? perhaps scan the cards for the art and use mat board to make them. Is anyone else doing something similar and is it worth the time to add them in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also probably pick up a batch of cheap minis from other lines and use them in place of the 1e figures. No reason you couldn't make tokens though, other than the time and effort involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

Just get this man 100 dollars for 200 miniatures

There is one thing that i am not sure about though is the bases of the miniatures.

They seem kinda weird in on there. And i am not sure if the sizes are good enough but hey its just an idea. A lot of people on the forum are recommending this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that I will create standups for 1e Monsters and heroes.
It is quite easy to find images with google.
I also have plastic stands for 1 square stand-ups.
For larger monsters, a base in thick cardboard would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
sasigns wrote:
I dont have the kit. I was asking is it worth it to get the kit and make tokens for them?

The short answer is: YES. The Conversion Kit is, basically, the best expansion you could get for D2E. It's got all the information you need to increase your hero and monster choices exponentially. Worry about whether you'll use minis or counters or whatever later, and buy it now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.