Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Constantine
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings all.
I noted the lack of company and battalion level mortars in the game. For example, there is no counter for the M106 OR M 125 mortar carriers nor are there any WT counters for dismounted mortars (since we are not dealing with light infantry I would be looking for an 81mm). Why were these systems left out?

I have made a house rule (I hate making house rules for a really awesome game system) that the mortars are off board and each side should get a certain number of modules per scenario. With that being said, can anyone tell me what the fp values should be for different calibers? I understand that they will not be useful against buttoned afvs but there are all those juicey dismounts running around.

Oh, one last annoying question. If we want to use a mortar(in any BOH product) to fire a smoke round we just use the mortar rules and make the smoke dr. I know that the rules don't say that this can be done but they don't say it can't be done either. Thoughts on this as well please?
Thanks for your time and sorry for the rambling.
Len
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
HeP has 81mm mortars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one answered your second question...

As far as I know smoke rounds for mortars and OBA are only available by scenario specual rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Constantine
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kev,
Thanks for your reply, but at the risk of sounding like a total noob here, what is HeP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Honneur et Petrie..a Heroes of the Gap expansion!
Sorry about that... as you can see it aint fun to type!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Constantine
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you all for your replies. I really enjoy this system it is a wonderful experience to play. As opposed to another squad level game famous for tournament fist fights over rules and mental breakdowns who's 3 letter acronym shall go unmentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Constantine
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kev,
Thank you. I am torn between purchasing that title or Heroes of the Blitzkrieg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll need Heroes of the Blitzkreig to use HeP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Barthheart wrote:
You'll need Heroes of the Blitzkreig to use HeP.

yes.
I would start with Heroes of the Gap if you desire modern combat and for all the reasons I mention above.

then decide what to do about WWII. HoB then becomes a natural choice as you can get it and try WWII, and still expand into HeP later for more modern tank busting, bomb drop, M60 firing, Spetnatz killing fun.....phew... just saying.
.....dont believe me????? take some Downtime:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.