Isaiah Mackler
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you all think of this idea? Has it been suggested before? It's not like there aren't a lot of figures out there we could use in a pinch. Obviously, it would be preferable if they just reprinted the sets. It would be an awesome way to support the game for all the fans out there who are having trouble finding individual sets. Obviously, they must have done some of that since they added English cards to the repurposed French sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blocks..

did I say that out loud?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for pretty much anything that gets the Borg-tested additional fantasy races rule sets at my (usually virtual anyway) table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Mackler
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight's lame but predictable response:

"Thanks for the mailing and suggestion, sadly we have no plans to change the distribution model of our Battlore line at this time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see that as anything that FFG would ever pursue....selling an intentionally "incomplete" game. I know for hardcore fans it sounds like a nice idea but I just dont see them selling a game that doesnt include key components.

And, as stated ad nauseum, they want the BattleLore name to mean one thing: Westeros. They have no interest in reviving the traditional BattleLore franchise at this time.

I know for some here it seems like a viable "compromise"....but I think it would be a loser for FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Mackler
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
I know for some here it seems like a viable "compromise"....but I think it would be a loser for FFG.

I understand what you mean. But at the same time, selling something that lots of people want to make a profit seems like a win, especially since it means designing nothing new except packaging. Seems like a print and pay project for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imackler wrote:
Fantasy Flight's lame but predictable response:

"Thanks for the mailing and suggestion, sadly we have no plans to change the distribution model of our Battlore line at this time."

Really? They'd say that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, 1) Classic BattleLore rules tailored for the Westeros setting; 2) reprint the Command and Lore Decks; 3) reissue the d6 Battle dice; 4) a scenario book that references the Westeros line of FFG products—otherwise, whatever you can cobble together.

Carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.