Conan Collectible Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: The curse of Conan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
So this summer ive been going back to some old Conan stories(because unemployed/vacayion) and just fell in love with the Conanverse all over again. Being into cardgames right now i found myself here in this forum. This was when sadness struck.

I really want to try this game but the avaibility here in the north(everywhere) is void.
So how do i proceed? How do i quench my thirst for a Conan themed game? I heard some good things about Age of Conan but that seems dead too. Whats the deal?

Is the Conan brand cursed? Is it (was it) bad marketing? Do gamers have bad taste?

(but most importantly, how do i get my hands on a good Conan game?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a collection that I purchased from a member here, and may have some extras I could share with you. I bought them almost a year ago but still haven't found anyone to try the game out with me. The Age of Conan board game gets a lot better response from non-Conan in my experience.

As to a curse, no I don't think so. My feeling is that Conan (while globally popular) is a pretty niche thing in more local groups. Even among my gaming friends in a large city, most of them are not interested in Conan stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, finding cards for this game is a bitch (luckily for me I got in on the game when it first came out, just didn't buy enough). Even Ebay very rarely provides auctions, few stupidly priced BIN stuff that's "US only." Looking over my logs, looks like the last lot I've seen was in April (got two cards then). Hell, even starters and boosters are MIA.

Actually had a discussion with the owner of my FLGS over this game, his view was that Conan fans grabbed up their share (and more perhaps) of the cards and hold on to them instead of getting rid of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Actually i think i just got lucky.

3 starters(purple, orange, green) and 12 boosters for ~43$(300sek). Seems pretty reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkehbwoy wrote:

3 starters(purple, orange, green) and 12 boosters for ~43$(300sek). Seems pretty reasonable.

*adds another note to the list of why Finns hate Swedes angry

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the starters and some cards for trade if anyone's interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Dam the Man wrote:
monkehbwoy wrote:

*adds another note to the list of why Finns hate Swedes angry

whistle

Dont hate the player hate the (cc)game.

Anywho, these guys:
http://www.collectorspoint.se/system/webshop_show.asp?HID=34...
still got 29 boosters left. If i werent so damn unemployed at the moment i would be all over them.

(cred to the guy who tipped me in the recommendation thread!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Conan CCG so gotta hate the player laugh . Man, 29 boosters would suffice my urges for the moment I think. Quick look with my below average mastery of Swedish, didn't spot any mention about them yes/no shipping outside Sweden.

Also, I have a share of extra cards in case you're looking for some cards via trade. I know I have extra Barbarian version of Conan (Uncommon) if you're looking for more Conans and didn't get one in your order. Though mainly looking for a pair of Common surprise cards of which I have 0x each: Storytelling and I Am a Cimmerian!

Oh, and this game tops the coolest named cards contest without even trying cool .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
To be honest i havent opened my starters/booster yet. Being a freak i like to sleeve my cards in the opening process and having no sleeves at home it kinda ruins it. Hard as hell to stay away from them though. My girl looks at me funny when i stand (i put them on the top shelf) and observe them with sad puppy eyes.

Maybe we can work something out and split the boosters over at collectorspoint? Im moving to Stockholm next week and im kinda in between jobs righht now though, so it'll have to wait. But you know, im interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkehbwoy wrote:
To be honest i havent opened my starters/booster yet. Being a freak i like to sleeve my cards in the opening process and having no sleeves at home it kinda ruins it.

Yeah, I'm a sleever too (check the badge on the left). Although I have to say, no extra sleeves around? Rookie mistake .

Quote:
Maybe we can work something out and split the boosters over at collectorspoint? Im moving to Stockholm next week and im kinda in between jobs righht now though, so it'll have to wait. But you know, im interested.

Oooh, that'd would be [Monty Burns voice]: Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.