Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I find a complete list of cards in the base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a simple thing but I have not found a complete list of cards that should come in the base game. I just want something to check if my deck is complete, as in: "Space Marines: 2 cards. Replicant Robots: 1 card. ETC."

As a bonus question: does the Ultra Pro deck box fit the sleeved cards of RftG?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fameros wrote:
It seems a simple thing but I have not found a complete list of cards that should come in the base game. I just want something to check if my deck is complete, as in: "Space Marines: 2 cards. Replicant Robots: 1 card. ETC."

As a bonus question: does the Ultra Pro deck box fit the sleeved cards of RftG?

Thanks!


Why would you think your set is incomplete?

Either way, files section has some promising items:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/40734/excel-sheet-for-...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31083/rftg-colour-code...

are two, there are others for colorblind reference which will likely also meet your needs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick spot check, which should remove 99.9% of doubt:

- there should be 114 player cards total (worlds and developments, including starting worlds)
- 1 copy of each world
- 1 copy of each 6-cost development
- 2 copies of each other development
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mkaen
msg tools
fameros wrote:

As a bonus question: does the Ultra Pro deck box fit the sleeved cards of RftG?
If you're talking about the clear 150-count 2-piece plastic box, then no, it doesn't fit even the base game sleeved. However it makes an excellent portable container for the unsleeved base game plus VP tokens, with a little room to spare for either sleeving the role selections cards or including the Gathering Storm cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
fameros wrote:
It seems a simple thing but I have not found a complete list of cards that should come in the base game. I just want something to check if my deck is complete, as in: "Space Marines: 2 cards. Replicant Robots: 1 card. ETC."

As a bonus question: does the Ultra Pro deck box fit the sleeved cards of RftG?

Thanks!


Why would you think your set is incomplete?

Either way, files section has some promising items:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/40734/excel-sheet-for-...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31083/rftg-colour-code...

are two, there are others for colorblind reference which will likely also meet your needs.
Doesn't hurt to be sure, and with a game like RftG, it's not too time consuming to check once. Some missing key cards like Galactic Federation, Contact Specialist, or Rebel Homeworld do change the game in non-trivial ways.

In the meantime Gambling World is still on the fringes
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all. My deck seems ok, I am just a little compulsive when it comes to checking the components of my new games.modest

However, the spreadsheet in the link below lists 3 "Contact Specialist" cards. My deck comes with 2 contact specialists. Except for this, my deck agrees with the spreadsheet and with the other resources I have consulted. Can you confirm if this is an error in the spreadsheet?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/40734/excel-sheet-for-...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
A third Contact Specialist was added in the first Gathering Storm expansion.

A third Research Labs was added in the second Rebel vs Imperium expansion.

Presumably, this is what is being referred to.

(Now that you've done all this, of course, the decks designed to play with the pre-setup hands out of the box are no longer in order and you'll have to sort the preset hands out before your first game... ;-)
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The third Contact Specialist comes from one of the expansions, probably The Gathering Storm, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: beaten
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Now that you've done all this, of course, the decks designed to play with the pre-setup hands out of the box are no longer in order and you'll have to sort the preset hands out before your first game... ;-)


For a moment there, this newbie thought he had ripped the space-time continuum by shuffling the deck before playing... then I noticed the little numbers on the preset cards! whistle

Thank you, Tom, and congrats for your creation. I think that creating a successful game is one of the best karmas there is.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.