Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Fellonmyhead's translation, which overall is very clear, but one section confuses me a little. In Section D2, Preparing for Building a Bridge, it is necessary for one of the supports be in possesion of your player, is this to build the supporting piece? I understand it is necssary for the bridge itself, but do you need it to build the supporting piece?

Thanks in advance! Hoping to play this on the weekend...

Cheers,
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Section D covers the use of tower cards. There are only 2 possible uses for a tower card.

You can always use a tower card to gain a level in a space occupied by one of your own nobles. (D1)

There is only one possibility to use a tower card to increase a space not occupied by one of your own nobles: To prepare the building of a bridge. This is covered in D2.

To build a bridge, you need two bridgeheads of equal level. At least one of these bridgeheads must be occupied with one of your own nobles (and the other must not contain a noble of another player).
So, you want to build a bridge. You have two bridgeheads, one is occupied with your noble, the other is not occupied (if you occupy both, this is not a case for D2 because D1 already covered it) - but the two brideheads are not of equal level, the unoccupied is lower than the occupied one. This case is everything that D2 is about. You may now use a tower card to raise the unoccupied bridgehead by one, thus preparing the building of a bridge.

I hope this answers your question. If you do not occupy one of the bridgeheads, you cannot use a tower card to bring two unoccupied to the same level. In order to build a bridge, you must occupy at least one bridgehead and if you are going to prepare the building of a bridge, this is true as well.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.