Popular Tags: [View All]
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Embattled Missouri Senatorial Candidate, Todd Akin, has decided to not just thumb his nose at Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney and not drop out of the race, but will, in fact Double Down on what he feels is his principled stand on Abortion. Akin said on Tuesday that he plans to " rally conservatives to a campaign focused on abortion, an issue he said was being ignored by the leadership of both major parties."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/akin-says-hell-stay-i...

This, despite phone calls from Paul Ryan and public declaration by GOP leaders for Akin to drop out of the race. In a statement made on Wednesday, the candidate replied to calls for him to drop out.

Quote:
“The people of Missouri chose me to be their candidate, and I don’t believe it’s right for party bosses to decide to override those voters,” Akin said. “It makes me uncomfortable to think that the party bosses are going to dictate who is going to run, as opposed to the party process.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/todd-akin-says-paul-r...

So, which is going to be the worse hurricane- Hurricane Isaac bearing down on Tampa, or the maelstrom of the Abortion issue? Heretofore, abortion has more or less kept safely in Pandora's Box, but now Akin is deliberately trying to make as big of an issue about Abortion as he can- an issue which Romney desperately does not want to be front and center with American voters, distracting them from his attacks on Obama's stewardship of the economy.

When even Jennifer Rubin, the Washington Post's designated conservative blogger, is having doubts over the ability of Romney to keep 'on message' in the wake of Sturm and Drang of the abortion issue, this is another serious challenge for Romney to get back on message.

At least, Romney now has people going over his previous inconsistencies over abortion rather than demanding he release his tax returns. That's progress, right?

I've pretty much given up on both candidates by this point- as of this moment, I'm now here just for the Lulz. And this campaign is going to be comedy gold. Do you think we could get Will Ferrell to play Romney in the movie, and possibly Dave Chappell as Obama?

You just can't make this crap up.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
He's passed the deadline to have his name removed, except by a court order, which now could be stopped by the Democratic Secretary of State. That's never been done before, but this time...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
With a side bet of Kirk Cameron...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
McCaskill is throwing a party as we speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I don't understand is that Dems cheat on their wives, have mistresses, have love children, drive cars off bridges and kill girlfriends, bugger little boys at rest stops, etc. and nothing happens.

A Republican misspeaks while defending life even in the case of rape and everyone calls for him to step down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
What I don't understand is that Dems cheat on their wives, have mistresses, have love children, drive cars off bridges and kill girlfriends, bugger little boys at rest stops, etc. and nothing happens.

A Republican misspeaks while defending life even in the case of rape and everyone calls for him to step down.

This comment provides useful context for understanding your thread asserting that there is no difference between the parties. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're both the same. I never said anything about the mainstream media though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
McCaskill is throwing a party as we speak.

and Missouri is wondering what the hell they did to deserve 2 fine candidates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

You are aware that the RSP thread subjects are not instructions, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
dandechino wrote:

Don't worry, I'm working on an anti-Obama one for balance. Then we can see all the Obamamaniacs following instructions over a cliff also!

I'm all for equal opportunity LULZ this year!!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akin should have listened to Ron Paul.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2012/08/a_good_rp_inter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
dandechino wrote:

Don't worry, I'm working on an anti-Obama one for balance. Then we can see all the Obamamaniacs following instructions over a cliff also!

I'm all for equal opportunity LULZ this year!!!

Darilian

In your case thread titles are autobiographical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sorry, for a moment I thought I was an Obamamaniac.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
A Republican misspeaks

what is your definition of misspeak? Was it just when he qualified the rape as 'legitimate' or was it the whole creating a new unknown female biological process?

Akin wrote:
First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Which part was the misspoken part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I heard the quote it didn't seem like he was using the word "legitimate" in the way you feel it does. Does anyone here honestly believe that Akin thinks some rapes are legitimate as in justifiable or that there are different categories of rape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
The funniest part is how the numbnuts are all fixated on defending the phrase "legitimate rape" as if that were the stupidest thing he said.

DUDE. HE THINKS UTERUSES HAVE MAGIC ANTI-RAPE-PREGNANCY COUNTERMEASURES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
jmilum wrote:
dandechino wrote:
A Republican misspeaks

what is your definition of misspeak? Was it just when he qualified the rape as 'legitimate' or was it the whole creating a new unknown female biological process?

Akin wrote:
First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Which part was the misspoken part?

He misspoke when he revealed the top secret MO penis forcefield distributed to only women who aren't stupid enough to date the wrong dude. Damn him! You can't trust these guys to understand the meaning of TOP secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
When I heard the quote it didn't seem like he was using the word "legitimate" in the way you feel it does. Does anyone here honestly believe that Akin thinks some rapes are legitimate as in justifiable or that there are different categories of rape?

'Most Amazing Strawman Ever Constructed' award goes to...dandechino! Congrats, you really earned it! (And how!!)

Nobody - anywhere - any place on the planet, ever, at any point, ever thought he was suggesting some rapes were justifiable. That's just something you came up with in your little head, there, to make it seem like maybe there was some confusion on the issue and that this fellow wasn't a staggering idiot that really isn't worth the oxygen he breaths because he plainly doesn't have the brain to need it.

CapAp wrote:
The funniest part is how the numbnuts are all fixated on defending the phrase "legitimate rape" as if that were the stupidest thing he said.

This. This is the problem.

There is no 'misspoke' about it, he's simply stupid, dumb as a brick even, with a total and complete failure to understand even basic biology, and should be removed from office immediately (or at the VERY least, not allowed ever to serve on...or get anywhere near...any kind of Science and Technology committee).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

Just for grins, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was speaking about a statutory rape vs a women being raped by a home intruder.

Would that make the statement ok in your eyes? You don't think the totally unknown female biological process that can differentiate between rape types and end the pregnancy is totally insane? I mean why is there all this abortion stuff if women have this nifty thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

If only there was a 24 hour cable news station and every talk radio on the AM dial that would stick it to Democrats when they murder Vince Foster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

Let us not forget the subtext: If a woman is raped and gets pregnant, then she really wanted it after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
dandechino wrote:
Does anyone here honestly believe that Akin thinks some rapes are legitimate as in justifiable or that there are different categories of rape?

Yes. Geez, criminal law for years and years thought that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
More Akin fun!

Quote:
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Following his controversial remarks over the weekend, U.S. Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri) today issued the following apology to Missouri voters:

Dear Voter:

Over the weekend, I made remarks suggesting that rape could be legitimate and that a uterus could think. Today, I would like to offer every woman in Missouri my deepest apology. If your uterus could talk, I’ll bet it would have some choice words about old Todd right about now.

For the last forty-eight hours, I’ve been getting an earful from a lot of you. You’ve said that I’m an ignorant, dangerous man. You’ve said that I should be put away someplace where I can do as little harm as possible. To that I say, I couldn’t agree more. And that place is the U.S. Senate.

I know what some of you are thinking: if we send Todd to the Senate, won’t he be able to do more damage than he did in the House? Well, think again. In the House, I was a member of the Science Committee. Scientific matters that impact the entire nation were entrusted to a man who thinks that lady parts have E.S.P. Electing me to the Senate will get me as far away from science as possible.

But here’s the most important reason to keep me in Washington. As long as I am in Congress, I will be on C-SPAN, where you can monitor me around the clock. If I look like I am about to go off, you can notify the authorities and have me quickly subdued. It’s democracy’s version of the electronic ankle bracelet.

On the other hand, if I lose, I’ll come back to Missouri and be released into the general population. The choice is yours, Missouri. I hope you’ll act like a uterus and do the smart thing.

Vote for me,

Todd

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/08...

Please note, however-
I cannot confirm that this email was sent out by the Akin campaign. It's going all over the internet, but I have yet to see anything definitive that this is real.

But if it is.....

HOOOOOOOO- BABY.

Talk about a failed attempt at humor to get past a gaffe.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borowitz Report is a comedy website column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
dysjunct wrote:
The Borowitz Report is a comedy website column.

Spoil my fun, will you!!!!

At least I admitted I couldn't confirm it. I tried, damn it!!!!!!

Shame its not real. It would have been really fucking funny if it was.

This campaign is great- when you can't tell the difference between Reality and the Onion, you know that you're entering into a political Charlie Kauffman movie.

Being Mitt Romney- That could be a great movie.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.