Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rose
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ships from the online game are very cool...well all but the BH ship...but including the Imperial Dagger fighters...and I would be happy to pay for miniatures of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I see the excitement for more new stuff, I also have a strong opinion that since the game is called X-Wing, it should run only with appropriately styled ship battles. -At least for the next few years...

I feel like the timeline starting at 0 ABY until around 40 ABY would be a good set of time to limit for a while. (Though this is only based on how far in the EU that I've read.) This would also provide us with some awesome Mandalorian "Bes'uliik" fighters and the stealth X-Wing.

I just don't feel like the old republic stuff from thousands of years before the X-Wing fighter was created has a lot of place in the game.

Maybe if the game takes off and they want to re-issue an old republic setup with the same rule set and such...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:

I just don't feel like the old republic stuff from thousands of years before the X-Wing fighter was created has a lot of place in the game.

Maybe if the game takes off and they want to re-issue an old republic setup with the same rule set and such...?

I guess they could make different eras. Wings of War had a WWI and WWII version. But really, one of the "perks" of the Star Wars universe is that it has essentially had technological stagnation for thousands of years. Most all of the technology (blasters, lightsabers, hyperdrive, etc.) has all existed largely unchanged for thousands of years. Perhaps the tech basically hit a plateau of cost/efficiency or pressed the limits of technology to the outer boundary or something.

Either way, the freighters in the Old Republic era, the Falcon, and the freighters of the distant LotF era all seem to me to be technologically fungible. If there are any differences, they are pretty minor. (Disclaimer: I haven't read any EU stuff)

So, personally, I'd be fine with other factions of ships being introduced for things like the Sith Empire, the Old Republic, the Mandalorians, et cetera. I wouldn't be interested in such products, but I wouldn't mind playing against such squads either, and if keeps the game fresh and the community active, then that's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some neat designs in the MMO, but I would much prefer they kept things in the original trilogy era, with some expansion into the New Republic Expanded Universe.

The B-Wing is a must-have, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The-Pendragon wrote:
The ships from the online game are very cool...well all but the BH ship...but including the Imperial Dagger fighters...and I would be happy to pay for miniatures of them...

BH ship? Don't you think it's a bit silly to assume everyone will know what that means?

Bounty Hunter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
The-Pendragon wrote:

BH ship? Don't you think it's a bit silly to assume everyone will know what that means?

Bounty Hunter?

Bounty Hunter? umm... This is Star Wars we are talking about. clearly he meant the Beverly Hills ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
never played either star wars MMORPG (i hate the things) but my opinion, there are quite a few new starfighters in the elgacy era (35 - 40aby) like the mandalorian besulik like alex points out, as well as a craft syal antilles flies for correlia but I cant remember its name.

I dont really think old republic era stuff has a place in this game, but if it did I would love the ebon hawk. so much cooler than the millenium falcon in my own opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
. so much cooler than the millenium falcon in my own opinion.

Cooler than THE millenium falcon? blasphemy! shake

I guess it's a good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I'm going to say that I hope they keep it to the time period as advertised (centered on the original trilogy) for a while. I agree that adding in Old Republic stuff would feel out of place with these vets of the Star Wars fiction. I won't mind though if they do that after they have exhausted the originals. There is already a list on this forum that gives so many options that FFG has for expansions without adding other time periods. Those possibilities alone are going to make my wallet cry.

On a side note, that Slave 1 ship also looks pretty sick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
so much cooler than the millenium falcon in my own opinion.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but... you're wrong.

The Millennium Falcon is the coolest ship ever created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
never played either star wars MMORPG (i hate the things) but my opinion, there are quite a few new starfighters in the elgacy era (35 - 40aby) like the mandalorian besulik like alex points out, as well as a craft syal antilles flies for correlia but I cant remember its name.

The Aleph-class fighter? Yeah, that could be cool. I don't even really know what it looks like, so to get a model version of it would be interesting.

I also must disagree and say that the mantis shipp (the bounty hunter ship from The Old Republic) is my favorite and I would love to see it as a model.

But when I really think about my ability to invest time and money with this game, I'm fine with the classic era ships. I'd like to see repeats of these fighters with new sets of pilots like Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Gold Squadron, and Red Squadron. The trouble is, the Imperials probably don't have as many unique pilots. But you could still have Baron Fel's squadron in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
purplerapier wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
ironman99 wrote:
so much cooler than the millenium falcon in my own opinion.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but... you're wrong.

The Millennium Falcon is the coolest ship ever created.

err...IMHO the B-Wing and TIE Defender are hands down the best ships...!!! whistle

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion, even of its wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Dumfries
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Everyone, please realize that even though this is a game created by FFG, it is also a Lucas License. They are famous for intermingling eras in their card and miniatures games. Plus the fact that Lucasarts is putting so much time and energy into The Clone Wars tells me that we should expect some Republic and Seperatist ships to be joining the ranks at some point in the future. As much as we all don't want that, it is going to happen. Prepare yourselves.

Roy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.