Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about trashing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
Hi,

when i trash rats (or similar) with a chapel when do i draw cards?
Can i trash, draw cards and keep trashing (even on of the drawn cards) or do i have to trash 0-4 cards and then resolve all effects of trashed cards.

And what about the "Remake" card? Example (2x Rats and Remake): Trash, draw, trash (even one of the drawn cards), draw or trash, trash, draw, draw?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With Chapel, all the cards are trashed at once, so after you draw cards for trashing rats, you're already done trashing.

Because Remake says "Do this twice" at the beginning of its text, it goes trash, draw, trash (even one of the drawn cards), draw.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
Because Remake says "Do this twice" at the beginning of its text, it goes trash, draw, trash (even one of the drawn cards), draw.


This is not true. You cannot not trash the first card "drawn" because it is not drawn; it is "gained" and gained cards go to your discard pile, not your hand. Remake should be rather construed as "trash, gain, trash, gain." If you have zero or one cards in hand when you play Remake then you trash zero or one card respectively.

Edit: What I said is generally true about Remake, but I see the implication with using it to trash Rats where you would draw a card into your hand in addition to gaining one at cost of 5 (Rats +1), so the drawn card from trashing Rats could be trashed. Sorry for the confusion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okumba wrote:
Hi,

when i trash rats (or similar) with a chapel when do i draw cards?
Can i trash, draw cards and keep trashing (even on of the drawn cards) or do i have to trash 0-4 cards and then resolve all effects of trashed cards.

michaeljb wrote:
With Chapel, all the cards are trashed at once, so after you draw cards for trashing rats, you're already done trashing.



That's how one newbie tried to play the Cellar....
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55299/item/1300594#ite...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.