Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
What is the prime matter & problem upon discussing this *topic* around here? Much too often, then someone inquires upon restoring, updating, or even replacing theirs to PLAY THAT then, while NONE were allowed to provide this somewhere? I just conducted a 'terse' exchange with the Simulacrum-'bloke' and he isn't expected of any "assistances" regarding this matter. I'm about to DELETE what were left for that now too!

FYI~now, he HAD 'proclaimed' being 'proficient' at SPOKEN ENGLISH already, so any *thang* beyond THUS is thence: 'purely conjecture'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
I suspect something important is being brought forward here.

(Seriously.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
'moi' shall 'suggest' that www.grognard.com become this REPOSITORY, since, they could utilize BEST the: "additional traffic"; that such thus should "generate"!
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yeah, this other commentary of mine from that thread there has gotten 'moi' to *wondering* on this then, too. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to figure out what you were trying to ask about iSimulacrum and was also at a loss. Perhaps I am not as clever as you?

I think you were asking about having the rules to the Petrograd game uploaded to BGG, taking the position that it was somehow necessary?

Some people believe that it is easier to protect intellectual property by limiting access to such.

Again, I probably missed whatever point you were trying to make. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I never get what GROGnads is talking about. I wonder if it's just an act or if he is mentally disadvantaged or what. Actually, can't read his posts.

That said I think he wants to setup a repository for rule bookes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It mainly is concerned with there becoming a *RULES SITE* where anyone could go onto there to obtain a copy/upgrade/VARIANT especially regarding plenty of OLD 'articles' FOR whichever this should matter. Such a 'place' would now, without further "doubts" cast, then settle upon whether anything were granted. Those here at BGG have kept anything *Secret'd*-away, so how were WE to even know what is there available?
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Yeah, I never get what GROGnads is talking about. I wonder if it's just an act or if he is mentally disadvantaged or what. Actually, can't read his posts.
I have many times *wondered* THAT often myself, RE:"U"; and plenty another too, so, there's THAT POV then and even LACK, thereof...
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Yes: THAT; also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:

Yeah that's what I get to.

And I'm always forgetting about Web Grognards. So these posts here helped me get rules for an Anzio game I had no rules for before.

I'd really like to see some major exceptions set up in the Copy right laws. Like if something is out of print for 5 years it's fair game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaah. Got it now. Thanks.

Sounds like a great idea except for all the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
The solution, of course, is to translate said rules and variants &c. into GROGnadese. Copyright holders would have a very difficult time in court proving anything regarding these new documents. As an extra level of security, we could have a team of physicians transcribe the translations with the same pens they use to write their scripts. (Of course, then we would need a team of chemists!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:

IMO it takes an exceptionally intelligent mind to not appear so and yet get your point across.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallow wrote:
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:

IMO it takes an exceptionally intelligent mind to not appear so and yet get your point across.

Well, perhaps instead of "disadvantaged" I should have said "differently abled". I mean like autistic (most likely) or schizophrenic. That said, I wouldn't be surprised by mild retardation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:

Fallow wrote:
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Well, perhaps instead of "disadvantaged" I should have said "differently abled". I mean like autistic (most likely) or schizophrenic. That said, I wouldn't be surprised by mild retardation.
'moi' shall "B" 1st to 'admit': "you're holding up "as" well, too!" What WERE 'mild', for your 'instances'? in "comparable" demeanor, that "is"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.