United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone -

I must regretfully inform you that, as of today, the large Divided Republic tournament for Pacificon will be canceled. This was not an easy decision to make, in fact, it was quite an agonizing one, but there are a number of factors, both professionally and privately, that make running the tournament a logistical impossibility for me at this time.

To sum up, Boudicca (who has been helping me with promotional efforts) and myself are utterly mentally and physically exhausted. I have been at this for more than twelve months, and I quite frankly lack the energy to run a multi-player tournament, let alone to do it by myself, which is what the reality would be if I were to run it at Pacificon later this month. I suppose that Boudicca could help run the thing (she has volunteered as such), but frankly, she's very busy in her career, and this would be a huge stress multiplier for her.

I still plan to travel to BGG Con in November, and will be there with Divided Republic if there is any interest in playing it, perhaps multiple copies if there is enough interest.

I am still available to offer support here at the forum if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas regarding the future promotion of the game. We are still interested in reviews. It would be nice to get some sort of positive news out for the game, but as you can probably appreciate, I am essentially at the limit of what I can do.

Respectfully,

Alex T. Bagosy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex,
Sorry to hear that, but exhaustion as the result of unexpected success is probably the best kind of exhaustion to have. I'd still love to get in a play of DR and will have my copy at PacifiCon. Hopefully some of y'all out there will be up for a game of DR or two at the Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
Alex,
Sorry to hear that, but exhaustion as the result of unexpected success is probably the best kind of exhaustion to have. I'd still love to get in a play of DR and will have my copy at PacifiCon. Hopefully some of y'all out there will be up for a game of DR or two at the Con.

While I grateful indeed for your enthuisiasm and support, I'm not sure I can characterize it as that kind of exhaustion. I will simply say here that I cannot do anything else to support DR beyond my current efforts without more support and promotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.