Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks interesting but there aren't any reviews for it yet. I would love it if someone would take the time to write a review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Pizarro
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthew,

The reviews I am aware of are from Tom Chick at Quarter to Three:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/08/07/the-first-step-o...

And from Josh Edwards:

http://www.boardgamereviewsbyjosh.com/2012/08/road-to-enligh...

In short: Tom loved it, Josh did not.

I think both reviews bring up some valid points -- both the pros and the cons of our game. It's certainly not going to be for everyone, which we knew going into it.

I played a game over GenCon weekend with three brand new players and two of them really loved it and one vowed to never play it again.

Funny thing, I think the dissenter was having a good time but we played a three and a half hour game and the winner was determined by a die roll on the very last action of the game.

Scientist Robert Boyle's action allowed a player to jump up a spot on the science track and it won that player the game. (Boyle allows you to advance on the science track on a 1-3 die roll and earns you coin on a 4-6. Anyway he rolled a 2 and won the game by a lone VP.) The player that was leapfrogged was pretty ticked off. It happens. Granted in all the games I have played I have never seen it come down a a single roll of the die...but hey, I thought it was exciting nonetheless.

Hopefully we'll have some more reviews soon. I know a lot of the international Kickstarter orders are just now arriving in force and Game Salute JUST now is releasing its pre-order batch to customers so more people will have their hands on it soon.

In the meantime I'd be happy to answer any questions you (or anyone else) have.

--bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.