Subject: 4-player St. Pete rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
St. Petersburg is one of those games where you can get rusty from not having played. I think it's been months since I last bought aristocrats, workers and buildings, and it showed.

There's a sense of timing and pace that only recent and multiple plays can bring... and a sense of awareness--remembering who has what and who will go first next phase.

Patrick got the money train going. I held 2 building updgrades and the mistress (couldn't afford her--no surprise that?) and felt kind of hamstrung early. A round and two later, I got those building upgrades up and the cash infusion along with the VPs helped balance my lack of aristos (only had 4 at games end--ouch!).

Malcolm made one of those "power moves" where suddenly he was able to play all his cards in hand.

I tried to hold my "big" early lead, but my lack of aristos killed me.

Greg never got it going.

Greg and Patrick had the observatory, so based on their final performances it's a card of good and evil.

Final (approximate)
Patrick 76
Malcolm 70
Jim 64
Greg 40

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.