No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone who own this game, can you give feedback on how good this game is as a solitaire wargame?

how long this game been out? no review in the forum except marco's video review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
anyone who own this game, can you give feedback on how good this game is as a solitaire wargame?

You could try the comments section. That and Marco's video gave me enough information to decide.

(I decided not to buy it, but that's just me. It seems a fine game, just not what I'm looking for.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
dprijadi wrote:

I posted play by play and aars I think...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/744678/session-turns-10-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/742836/session-turns-1-9...

Session report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy in January of this year and I can say it is one of the best soltaire wargames I have played.

The rules are easily picked up, the system is ingenious and gives an incredibly good feel for the subject - if you've read narratives from the operation this game really puts you in the picture. The components are beautifully produced and Nuts are a dream to order from. It is also hugely intense and very exciting

I honestly cannot recommend this game more highly. Two words: buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how hard it is to order this game ?

after the bad experience with A Week In Hell: The Battle of Hue , im a bit wary ordering from these guys again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Phantom Fury and A Week in Hell are 2 of my favorite solitaire games..

But without a doubt, PF is my favorite!

Buy it!
If u don't like it I am sure someone would trade for it or buy it from u

Have fun!

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
how hard it is to order this game ?

after the bad experience with A Week In Hell: The Battle of Hue , im a bit wary ordering from these guys again...
I ordered it a few days ago and today I received my copy. I, like others, had a bad experience ordering A Week In Hell: The Battle of Hue but Nuts Publishing was very fast this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Flashheart wrote:
I got my copy in January of this year and I can say it is one of the best soltaire wargames I have played.

The rules are easily picked up, the system is ingenious and gives an incredibly good feel for the subject - if you've read narratives from the operation this game really puts you in the picture. The components are beautifully produced and Nuts are a dream to order from. It is also hugely intense and very exciting

I honestly cannot recommend this game more highly. Two words: buy it.

TIM! Is that u?? Yes brilliant game I love it as I do a week in hell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy on the 21st (taking advantage of the "End of the World" sale") and received it (in Canada, no less) on the 7th of January, nine business days later. Pretty good for free international shipping!

I'm playing it tonight, and I will try to play again over the weekend. After I have three plays, I'll try to put up a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hope you enjoy it. I am planning on playing it again this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Hope you enjoy it. I am planning on playing it again this year.

Trialed PF for four turns this evening. Fun system, though it feels like a bit of a grind pushing forward. It didn't help that somehow I rolled four martyrs out of 18 possible insurgent checks in the entry zones - roughly twice the expected distribution, AND I picked up both of the understrength CF:4 USMC squads on my initial company draw. In addition, I had a number of bad combat rolls and outlier results on random events, which, combined with my inexperience and unfamiliarity with the system, had me clearing only 11 of 60 required zones by turn 4, so I was well behind the requisite rate of advance. I did poorly.

Very very thematic. I thought the system was going to be too simplified, but due to the sheer number of combats, it actually feels just about right.

Very challenging and deserves a replay at first opportunity.

Off to nurse my wounds and get called out on the carpet by a very angry Marine Battalion Commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.