Subject: Fev questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capital -> is it always treated as a city?
Example:
Russians get +2 hammers for each city doeas it mean they also get it in capital? (from start of game)
any exception?

just to clarify (I'm not sure if someone was joking in another post)
city defends with 3 cards capital defends with 3 or 6 cards?

is there any other way to add cards durring defending city/capital except feudalism?

when i can advance in coulture track (on my turn only or maybe anytime)
when I can play a card gained from culture track

example1
i was defending (not my move), however i won, i lotted from enemy 3 culture, can I trade them for culture card/great person simultaniusly?
example2 i used resourse card to get culture, can i advance in culture track simultaniusly spanding that culture and take card/great persobn?

defending capital/city (just for confirmation)
if defender wins he can only loted enemy as he won from figure, 3 trade or 3 culture or resourse,
however when attacker wins (in capital he wins game) in city he gets only city lot, no flag lot becouse there were no flag (figure fighting)

resorce abilty (once per turn text) does it mena that idf I will use these abilty no other payer may used it again in this turn?

if i use abilty to teleport my units from one filed into water squer on map, (i do not remeber tehcnology name) can another player use same resourse abilty on his card to fight me?
when the fight beggins? durring city management phase or on movement phase and on whose turn? turns after?
example (4 player game 3rd player is a starting player:
city mangemet :...after 3,4 playeyer management phase player 1 and player 2 decide to use resource abilty to move into same square, if the fight do not start autiomaticly (like in building figure on occupied city outskirt) does it mean that this fight will start on movement phase before 3rd player will ove (he should start move he has starter tocken)
or maybe he can move before the battle will begin..
and what if he will move into that filed with his army ??

thanks for answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first situation, yes your capital is considered a city so gets +2 production (think of it as your 'capital city'!

Cities and capital both get a combat hand size bonus of +3, so assuming your government is not fundamentalism you will get to draw a maximum of 6 cards from your standing forces for defending a city OR your capital.

Some tech cards (computers for example) can increase your battle hand size.

You can spend culture (and advance up the track) at any stage during your city management phase (I think this answers your example 1 - as battles take place in the movement phase you cannot spend culture gained from battle until your next city management phase).

Not sure what you mean in example 2...resource card meaning a culture card? Or resource token? Again, culture can only be spent in city management.

Culture cards are played at different times, it will specify what phase the cards can be played in on the cards themselves.

The battle outcome cards in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game – Fame and Fortune summarizes this nicely - defeating a figure gives you 1 loot (steal 3 trade, 3 culture tokens, 1 resource or discard 1 coin token), defeating a city gives you 2 loot (copy a tech, steal a culture event, steal 1 coin token). 2 loot can also be 'changed' to two lots of 1 loot!

Resource abilities can only be used once per player per turn (I think - can someone else confirm?)

In the example in your last paragraph, I think the tech is steam power which is activated during city management. In that case if another player moved their figures to the same square, I think a battle would take place in city management phase (the rules state as soon as an army figure moves into the same square as a village, enemy city or enemy flag, a battle takes place)

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 question now:

1)(from your answer)

Cities and capital both get a combat hand size bonus of +3, so assuming your government is not fundamentalism you will get to draw a maximum of 6 cards from your standing forces for defending a city OR your capital.

why 6?
figure while fighting get 3, however figure can not stand in city capital(inproper move)
so city gets +3 to a defoult 0, 0+3 = 3 why 6 then?

2)(from your answer)
defeating a city gives you 2 loot (copy a tech, steal a culture event, steal 1 coin token). 2 loot can also be 'changed' to two lots of 1 loot!

does it mean that I can learn 2 tech?

3) (new one)
plundered city is beeing destroyed and goes back to loser hand or he lost possiblity to have another city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virco wrote:
3 question now:

1)(from your answer)

why 6?
figure while fighting get 3, however figure can not stand in city capital(inproper move)

"A player's battle hand size always starts at 3, and is increased by +2 for every friendly army figure beyond the first, +1 if governed by fundamentalism, and +3 if defending a city of capital."
You are correct, figures cannot stand in a city, but the default hand size is 3, then +3 while defending a city/capital.
If a single army unit is attacked, your hand size will be 3 (default), +2 for every other army unit in that square (so 5 cards for 2 armies, 7 for 3, etc).

virco wrote:
2)(from your answer)
defeating a city gives you 2 loot (copy a tech, steal a culture event, steal 1 coin token). 2 loot can also be 'changed' to two lots of 1 loot!

When a city has been defeated, the victor gets to take '2 loot' or '1 loot' and '1 loot'...so 1 larger prize or 2 of the smaller prizes. So unfortunately no, you cannot learn 2 techs, but you could steal 2 resources for example as that is a 1 loot reward.

virco wrote:
3) (new one)
plundered city is beeing destroyed and goes back to loser hand or he lost possiblity to have another city?

If a city is destroyed, the city marker goes back to the player's civ sheet and can be rebuilt later I believe. All buildings in that city are returned to the market, and any great people or wonders are removed from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
virco wrote:
3 question now:

1)(from your answer)

why 6?

The default 0 is wrong. The default is 3 for either a figure or a city. See "Combat" on p.23 in the rules - "...the player whose figure or city is being attacked is the DEFENDER". And then see "1.Assemble the Battle Force" - "A player's battle hand size starts at three...".

virco wrote:
2)(from your answer)

Not 2 techs from defeating 1 city. For all this: (copy a tech, steal a culture event, steal 1 coin token) - you use 2 loot to do 1 thing (so only something you can do when defeating a city, as "loot" has to be used right when you get it).

virco wrote:
3) (new one)

It goes back to the losers hand and can be used again later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
slimo wrote:
Resource abilities can only be used once per player per turn (I think - can someone else confirm?)

In the example in your last paragraph, I think the tech is steam power which is activated during city management. In that case if another player moved their figures to the same square, I think a battle would take place in city management phase (the rules state as soon as an army figure moves into the same square as a village, enemy city or enemy flag, a battle takes place)

Right and right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend reading the two unofficial FAQs and the Universal Head rules from the Files section of BGG. Will make your life easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
last question
if the battle was started on a city outskirt(for example building, wonder)
does the owner of the city gets +3 card modification?

example:
he gets 2 flag figures there and is beeing attacked by another player

how big is his card number in hand durring that battle:
3 base + 0 for first figure + 2for second figure
(outskirt is not beeing treated as a part of the city)

or

3 base + 0 for first figure + 2for second figure +3 for defending city
(outskirt is beeing treated as a part of the city)

rephrasing:
is a city outscirt with building or not treated as a part of the city durring hand count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virco wrote:
last question
if the battle was started on a city outskirt(for example building, wonder)
does the owner of the city gets +3 card modification?

example:
he gets 2 flag figures there and is beeing attacked by another player

how big is his card number in hand durring that battle:
3 base + 0 for first figure + 2for second figure
(outskirt is not beeing treated as a part of the city)

or

3 base + 0 for first figure + 2for second figure +3 for defending city
(outskirt is beeing treated as a part of the city)

rephrasing:
is a city outscirt with building or not treated as a part of the city durring hand count?

No attacking a city is only when the enemy army moves onto the city tile. The city outskirts are just like any other tiles when determining battle hand size.
In your example he would draw 5 cards as he has 2 armies on the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.