Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked all 8 pages of the "rules" forums for the answer to my question. If the question is answered in the rule book, I claim no fault as the rule book is well known for being messy.

We played a Borg Co-op game tonight. We all know when you face a Borg Cube, you add 1 to all it's stats for every Borg Card in your hand (plus, obviously, 1 for each defeated Borg Cube). This made me think. What if I played Diagnostic Check (or similar effect)? which allows me to discard X number of cards from my hand, and draw X. Thus the Borg Cards would be out of my hand and no longer count toward adding to the Borg Cube's stats.
Would this be a legal move or is the "X" added BEFORE any players take action?

The reason I ask is that it seems a bit obvious to us playing the game, but it seems a bit tricky/sneaky at the same time. Sorry if the answer is painfully obvious and I am just not getting it.
Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: Looked through the rules again. Surely someone has asked this question before. Sure enough, it has and I missed it.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/713937/2-borg-questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.