Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiunit combat and Out of Supply marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Modzelewski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I failed to find it in the rules, No Retreat wiki FAQ and in this forum...

Do I understand correctly, that the OOS marker is treated in multi-hex combat in all aspects like all other factors in the TEC? For example, if the attacker attackes both a supplied hex and an unsupplied one, the defender can choose which one is checked for the TEC effects including terrain, tank bonus AND supply?

Also what happens when two units stacked in one hex - one OOS, the other in supply - get attacked. Does the attacker gain the two column shift or do all of the units need to be OOS? I haven't encountered this situation yet, but as it is possible and I don't know the answer it probably WILL happen next time I play
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Krypton wrote:
Hi!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I failed to find it in the rules, No Retreat wiki FAQ and in this forum...


yes I think it was asked before, but there is a lot of topics posted here!

Krypton wrote:

Do I understand correctly, that the OOS marker is treated in multi-hex combat in all aspects like all other factors in the TEC? For example, if the attacker attackes both a supplied hex and an unsupplied one, the defender can choose which one is checked for the TEC effects including terrain, tank bonus AND supply?


Yes this is correct (this is why the OOS marker is part of the Terrain Effects Chart). But you do chose ONE hex only, you cannot go from hex-to-hex fishing for bonuses. take one hex and apply all the shifts from that one hex.

Krypton wrote:

Also what happens when two units stacked in one hex - one OOS, the other in supply - get attacked. Does the attacker gain the two column shift or do all of the units need to be OOS? I haven't encountered this situation yet, but as it is possible and I don't know the answer it probably WILL happen next time I play


Yes the attacker will gain the bonus.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Modzelewski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Carl - for the fast reply and for making this truly awesome game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You are most welcome.

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.