Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here a bit more game info from Joseph Miranda that was posted on consimworld:

The game is solitaire.

You pick a Mission at random. Missions are based on actual SADF ops during the 1970s and '80s.

The mission card gives you what you have to accomplish, and the resources to build your task force. You then move out with your task force, trying to reach objective spaces. Along the way, you pick event cards. These can be anything from Intel to opposition forces (OPFOR). If OPFOR, it can be anything from SWAPO guerrillas to a Cuban tank regiment. You then roll a bucket of dice. Aside from eliminating units, battles may run up your KIA level, which can be good or bad. Anyway, once you get to an objective space, you have to do some more fighting, then try to shoot your way back to a home base. Intel cards may allow an airfield move or other special event to speed up things.

There's a campaign game which links all four missions together.

Units represent mechanized infantry, tanks, G-5 artillery, air and helicopters, sappers, recon commandos, and much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Border War vs Congo Merc...which one is better?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for more info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suicide puppet
msg tools
mb

(EDIT: I hadn't planned on this turning into a review but it sorta did...I have re-posted it in Reviews).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Paoletti PM1088244
Ireland
Dublin 11
Co. Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Congo Merc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.