Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What the title says. How many points do you score on average?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I just play it 2p, and haven't played enough to know all the guild combinations, but might those be factors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Montijo
flag msg tools
:-)))
badge
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game yesterday (for the 2nd time) and the player who won made 179 points (he used the guilds "5. Taskmaster's Guild" and "12. Guild of Marshals" combo)

[edit] - it was a 4 player game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More than your opponents devil

Can't remember what our scores were but think it can vary a bit depending on what guilds come out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Derry, you are right in that player count and (possibly but not sure) guild combinations affect potential scores. However, we played a game of KM last night and it dawned on me that the map layout can be the most decisive factor. For instance, lots of square shaped resource fields meant that the Guild of Mercers was very, very powerful in our game.

Reading reports of people getting over 170 points makes me wonder how they achieve such scores. In our games, the winner usually scores between 140 and 150 points, and so far we have been unable to break the 160 mark. We are surely missing something and I don't know what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you head the guilds that allow you to buy first, sell first, buy and additional batch, sell first batch for +1 and buy first batch for -1 and have upgraded your farmhouse to sell another batch, you can manipulate the market to make a lot of money

buy three goods to increase the price, say 2 to 5, 3x(2-1)=3
sell 4 goods at the high price 3x(5+1)=18, profit 15 from one good

Might have the details a bit wrong but very powerful if your opponents let you set it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It absolutely depends on the guilds in play. This is because many of the individual guilds are much stronger if another specific guild is in play.

Prime examples of such pairs would be:

Guild of Marshals (allows you to pay less or even nothing for your workers) and Taskmaster's Guild (allows you to hire two workers in one turn and also gives you lots of points at game end for having sets of the 5 different resources)

Salesman's Guild (allows you to buy and sell a batch early at +1 price) and Guild of Merchants (allows you buy at -1 cost and sell an additional good per batch)

Guild of Wheelwrights (allows you to settle in villages cheaply and then gives you double the points for pairs of luxuries at game end) and Plowmen's Guild (Can make up to 3 of your circles - in this case villages - produce 1 extra)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.