• [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they've tried to keep the theme for a compact interface. The loss of the card art definitely loses something for me, accentuating the inherent abstractness of a Knizia design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.

I wonder if you will be able to sort your hand as opposed to just have it how the computer decides to sort it.

There are a few card games that I find it very important to be able to sort the cards the way I like to sort them in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Aylott
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a review of it up on Slide to Play:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/lost-cities-review

Short version: liked it! meeple

(The computer does your sorting for you, Fraser, but it's displayed in a way that I found very easy to keep track of.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it may be easy to keep track of, but I want to keep track in the sort order of my preference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mkaen
msg tools
quixotequest wrote:
I know they've tried to keep the theme for a compact interface. The loss of the card art definitely loses something for me, accentuating the inherent abstractness of a Knizia design.
The card art wasn't lost, it was transferred to the center expedition progress display. That said, I don't know why it couldn't have been in both places.

But yeah, very abstract game. The app doesn't even bother explicitly mentioning that you are, thematically, investing in and then executing "expeditions" to lost cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot stop playing this game since I bought it. It's a really wonderful implementation on iOS from the same company that made the equally good Carcassonne app.

Fantastic implementation of a classic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.