Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, they sound abit too good to be true.

http://www.sleevedominion.com/

2000 sleeves for 56$ inlcuding shipping worldwide.

I want to know if any1 here on BBG have experience with that site and those sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:

I want to know if any1 here on BBG have experience with that site and those sleeves.

They're cheap, especially considering free shipping. But mayday ones (for comparable quality I assume) are $2.25 for per 100 pack, which comes down to $50 for 20 packs. Not sure how much shipping to Sweden would be, but probably not that much more than $56.

I'd be curious to hear about the quality though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:

Good to see some alternatives to the terrible mayday sleeves popping up - would also be interested to know if they are any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Scott
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 500 of these sleeves on eBay when I was starting out with Dominion in April. I needed some more a couple weeks later, but they were in the middle of switching suppliers so they had no stock, and I had to get some "regular" Mayday sleeves instead. This is my observation on the OLD manufacturer vs. Mayday regular sleeves; the new manufacturer's sleeves might be different.

The Cataphract sleeves:

* were consistently sized. Out of 500 sleeves, only 2 or 3 were too narrow (grossly so, as if they were the "end of the run" or something), and there were a couple extras so it didn't really matter. My experience with Mayday sleeves has been a typical failure rate around 5-8% per pack, with a couple extraordinary packs pushing 60-70%.
* seemed slightly thicker/heavier-duty than the regular Mayday sleeves, but I have no measurements or evidence to confirm this.
* have a "stickier" feel to them (a little harder to shuffle), whereas the Mayday sleeves are much slicker and the piles sometimes slide all over the place.

Again, I can't vouch for the quality of the current Cataphract sleeves, but the ones I got in April have been great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who might be interested in buying these sleeves, BBG forum users can get 100 sleeves for free with coupon code "BGGDOM" when placing any order. (enter this coupon code in the "add note to seller box' upon finalizing the order in the shopping cart) Valid till Sept. 9, 2012.

The previous "old" sleeves were slightly thicker (between standard and premium thickness) and more 'crisp' / 'snappy'. However the manufacturer couldn't guarantee size consistency. The new sleeves are great, as these are all properly sized. You can compare them with MayDay standard sleeves. Similar feel, yet each order is checked by hand before sending out to make sure you will not end up with wrong sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QueesteGeest wrote:
For those who might be interested in buying these sleeves, BBG forum users can get 100 sleeves for free with coupon code "BGGDOM" when placing any order. (enter this coupon code in the "add note to seller box' upon finalizing the order in the shopping cart)

The previous "old" sleeves were slightly thicker (between standard and premium thickness) and more 'crisp' / 'snappy'. However the manufacturer couldn't guarantee size consistency. The new sleeves are great, as these are all properly sized. You can compare them with MayDay standard sleeves. Similar feel, yet each order is checked by hand before sending out to make sure you will not end up with wrong sizes.

So you represent http://www.sleevedominion.com/ or the makers of the sleeves themselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

See PM. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves arrived a couple of days back. I have probably sleeved about 600 cards and so far they have all fit perfectly. I have 0 experience with sleeves but i cannot see how they could be better... nothing to complain about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of thickness are the sleeves ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 microns (0.04mm) "thin"

However, next month premium ones will be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:
The sleeves arrived a couple of days back. I have probably sleeved about 600 cards and so far they have all fit perfectly. I have 0 experience with sleeves but i cannot see how they could be better... nothing to complain about.

Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rummy LeBeau
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Anybody else had experience with this/wish to give feedback? I own almost all sets except Base+Alchemy, and I'm considering sleeving as my main supplies are getting a bit worn/gammy(I'll later be getting main for a fresh set for sleeving, too);

However I'd be looking at just over 2000 sleeves, and I wanted to know what people would say about these and whether they'd be worth it? Do they fit in the original boxes ok when sleeved? How many can fit in other storage solutions? I currently don't have any other storage solutions, but that's something I'll be looking at too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumdumcious wrote:
Anybody else had experience with this/wish to give feedback? I own almost all sets except Base+Alchemy, and I'm considering sleeving as my main supplies are getting a bit worn/gammy(I'll later be getting main for a fresh set for sleeving, too);

However I'd be looking at just over 2000 sleeves, and I wanted to know what people would say about these and whether they'd be worth it? Do they fit in the original boxes ok when sleeved? How many can fit in other storage solutions? I currently don't have any other storage solutions, but that's something I'll be looking at too.

They are excellent sleeves and very consistently sized (much better than e.g mayday's offering). They are pretty thin sleeves akin to Mayday cheap ones. The only small negative is that being based in Hong Kong, you are going to be waiting a few weeks for delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watson
United States
Jackson
MI
flag msg tools
I'm a little late but I ordered some of these and they showed up about a week or so later. Customer service is very good and I like the sleeves better than Mayday sleeves. I'm waiting for them to get more in stock so I can give them more money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered them, and they are very good. They are consistently sized and seem to hold up better than the Mayday.

Apparently they are coming out with a thicker premium sleeve, which I wish I had known before just ordering 2000 of them and resleeving my whole set.

My one minor complaint about them is they could be a bit narrower. Some batches of the Mayday sleeves I had were a little too narrow and caused the cards to bend very slightly. Others were just right and fit the card perfectly. The Cataphract sleeves are a bit loose on the cards and I find that cards can start to slide out of the sleeves during play.

Customer service and response is very quick. Shipping from Hong Kong is faster than I expected. All in all, quality sleeves at a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QueesteGeest wrote:
Lots of new reviews are in. Kindly take note.

What reviews ? This makes no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased from them in the past. Seemed to work well for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
QueesteGeest wrote:
Lots of new reviews are in. Kindly take note.

What reviews ? This makes no sense.

On each product page, when you scroll down, you can read the reviews (like Amazon reviews) left by customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all those who left their review/comments regarding the Cataphract Sleeves on sleevedominion.com

... approaching the 100 reviews mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek X
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you guys consider doing a 3000 count buy option for those who wants to sleeve everything and save a bit more money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 4000 when I purchased (Neo Max Protection) sleeves for Dominion because I knew I would get all the expansions and likely want to make fan expansions too. I am happy with my choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mao
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do these sleeves hold up to slide-two-halves-into-each-other shuffling?

My experience is that heavy duty sleeves can handle that easily, but lighter sleeves can rip and tear. Any experience with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Field
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be ever so slightly delicate when riffle-shuffling, but not so much that it impacts on the speed of play. I like these sleeves just fine: they're durable enough, fit great and you can keep the sleeved cards in the original insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boul boul
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have a question about manufacturing.

Are the sleeves No-PVC (Acid Free / Clear Polypropylen) ?

Thank you for advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heroofevil wrote:
Would you guys consider doing a 3000 count buy option for those who wants to sleeve everything and save a bit more money?

I'm wondering the same thing since there's yet another expansion on the way. But prices have gone up enough that I'm also wondering whether it would be cheaper to buy replacement cards on eBay. Of course if the sleeves make it easier to riffle shuffle, that's a plus....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.