M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
googoo

Brought out the D-Day Dice.
We played the second training mission on the 1st board (Operation Tiger).
This meant the wrenches were disabled and therefore no items or specialty items.

It played like a light mix of Cooperative Memoir '44 and Roll through the ages.

The rules were straightforward and easy to follow.

Enjoyed it an looking forward to bringing it up to the next level.

-----

Colliseum was a split.
John killed at Money (grabbing all of a single currency in one of the games).

-----------------------
What did you play?
Did you win?
Did you rub it in?

--- See you in 14.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David went 3 for 3, running away to easy victories at Robo Rally and Dixit Odyssey. He only let the competition get close in Saboteur 2 when Kurt scored 6 in one round as the geologist, but David still held on by being the lone saboteur to win (after forcing the other saboteur/geologist to change their roles to the losing team).

I also played a quick game of Haggis (aka "Tichu for couples") with Chris. He went out first, but I had the higher points total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newcomers Dave, Elise and I played a trick taking game called chronicle, which Elise excelled at. After they took up 7 wonders with some others Steve put on a liars dice clinic, winning a couple games in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot to report on my end this week:

- Steve, Chris and I started with Glory to Rome. Chris and I were both new to it. Chris won (I think)

- Then the three of us moved on to Innovation. Chris won (again?).

- Then the three of us had a go at Taluva. Steve and Chris were new to it and I'm not sure I did a good job of explaining the rules. I took that one by exhausting two of my building types.

- Ryan joined us and we played Medici. Ryan thought he sucked at the game but won it handily.

- After a dinner break, we (don't remember who) played Biblios. Someone won

- Next, Tichu...Ryan and Langley had the lead but ended up losing to Steve and Roxanne after a few blown Tichu calls.

- On to 51st State. Ryan explained the rules and it took a while to catch on. Roxanned moved on to a game that had just started so Steve, Ryan and I continued. Ryan won (naturally, it was his game).

Finally, another game of Biblios to close the night (this time with Emil, Chris and "a familiar face who I still haven't met" whistle...). Emil won.

Phew...that was a lot of typing. But a fun time and see y'all in a fortnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lang,

What was the consensus on Innovation?
Also, did you use the Innovation expansion?

goo

ML
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:
Hi Lang,

What was the consensus on Innovation?
Also, did you use the Innovation expansion?

goo

ML

I really like Innovation. Very tactical, but does take a few goes to get comfortable with the mechanics and start finding creative ways to stop the run-away leaders (there usually is a way early on). Every game I've played has coincidentally been with Chris (who actually taught it to me). I think Steve has played it once or twice before.

I brought the expansion along, but as suggested by the developer, I want to have a number of games under my belt before I introduce it (enough cards to get familiar with as it is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Crocket
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hopper1 wrote:
Newcomers Dave, Elise and I played a trick taking game called chronicle, which Elise excelled at. After they took up 7 wonders with some others Steve put on a liars dice clinic, winning a couple games in a row.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun, we enjoyed playing both games. Thanks for showing us the ropes Mike.

We had a good time and will be back on the next night, looks like we already have a game of thrones game starting at 6(maybe earlier).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.