W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
of BoardgameGeek News to discuss Carl Chudyk’s Innovation. In addition to exploring this fascinating game, Eric shares his thoughts about game fatigue, trends in the hobby, and “game snobbery”.
Thanks, as always, to 2d6.org for hosting and supporting The Long View. Thank you for listening!

The episode can be found at http://www.2d6.org/2012/08/the-long-view-innovation/#.UDYWik... and on iTunes or here on the bgg podcast directory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent episode. I liked where the conversation wandered there in the middle. Good listen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed very much. I second that it got interesting when things wandered off topic a bit--even though I commend you for making a regular effort to steer things back. And the coverage of Innovation was excellent.

The comments on game snobbery were insightful. Maybe not insightful, because I've of course heard similar comments before, but its always better to hear them as a conversation with humor and depth rather than as a post online that can come off more cutting and less playfully cheeky.

There need to be more avenues for W. Eric Martin's cunning sense of humor. I appreciate that Joel recommended him for this episode. Perfect match. Thanks Joel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wenzel
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! This is a game I have never experienced but was always curious about playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
it was good episode, but we simple folk in north carolina have trouble with big words and hard games, so maybe me just not understand it all

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed the whole podcast. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.