W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
of BoardgameGeek News to discuss Carl Chudyk’s Innovation. In addition to exploring this fascinating game, Eric shares his thoughts about game fatigue, trends in the hobby, and “game snobbery”.
Thanks, as always, to 2d6.org for hosting and supporting The Long View. Thank you for listening!

The episode can be found at http://www.2d6.org/2012/08/the-long-view-innovation/#.UDYWik... and on iTunes or here on the bgg podcast directory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wall
United States
Walnut Creek
US
flag msg tools
ggambill wrote:
In this episode of The Long View, I am joined by
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
of BoardgameGeek News to discuss Carl Chudyk’s Innovation. In addition to exploring this fascinating game, Eric shares his thoughts about game fatigue, trends in the hobby, and “game snobbery”.
Thanks, as always, to 2d6.org for hosting and supporting The Long View. Thank you for listening!

The episode can be found at http://www.2d6.org/2012/08/the-long-view-innovation/#.UDYWik... and on iTunes or here on the bgg podcast directory.

Great podcast!

Personally I liked the old mix in rule for the Echoes expansion because it created interesting games where piles could be:

Missing a color (makes color dependent dogmas more interesting/risky ie. Comb, Alchemy, Physics, etc.)

Echo card heavy (improving tucking strategies that lead to special achievements included in the Echoes expansion)

Missing powerful Base cards (not having Machinery, Engineering or Gunpowder in almost every game allows the players to diversify their strategies without having to be prepared every game to defend themselves)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I've listened to one of your podcasts, but I have to say I enjoyed the leisurely way you could explore both the positive and less positive aspects of Innovation (also one of my favorites,) and bring in the changes from the expansions.

When you stayed on topic, it was good informative material combined with personal perspectives; when the conversation/interview wandered, it wandered in interesting directions- quality of game playing, return on investment (in a non-business sense), why we keep/collect games, when we let them go, or trying find reasons to avoid some new games altogether.

As someone with game storage issues (like many, I'm afraid,) I found those points as interesting as what Carl Chudyk is up to next and what the final version of the latest expansion may look like.

Thanks for a nice couple of hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gambill
United States
Shawnee on Delaware
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate them, and am glad that the show was enjoyable even when it wandered a bit. I like to keep things informal to encourage this kind of spontanaity in the discussions. Thanks for listening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving the Podcast! well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gambill
United States
Shawnee on Delaware
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I'm loving the Podcast! well done.

Thank you Samuel! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.