High Frontier Poster Map» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal, Sedna, and Eris rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
I see on something called "Vassal" (which seems like online gaming, but don't really know yet. Would be great to better learn the game) the map expands even further to Sedna.

If I ordered this expanded map today, would it include Sedna? Or only go to what I see in the graphic?

And what about Eris?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure they are not on the poster, but may be wrong. Lot of stuff depicted on them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many versions of this map are there?

Does anyone know?
And what are the differences?

What is the most up to date version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
It appears Vassal is indeed a place to play board games online, and is built on open source software and pretty much anyone can build a game module. From what I understand.

So my guess is that whomever made the High Frontier module (with Phil Eklund's permission according to another post here on the Geek) might have added Sedna themselves.

My question specifically, someone in the forums mentioned Zazzle prints the poster maps to order. So would an order as of today or tomorrow have Sedna on it - living rules and all; Trying to keep the rules (and map?) updated to current science. There was a change in two of Jupiters moons' sizes, after all, between the expansion and the poster map.

~Eris taunts us with the Vassal map. Hail Eris!
(Yeah. I said it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vassal map currently contains the Version 1 player mats, and the original map + expansion. (Still version 1)

I'm currently working on updating the vassal file to an updated player mats and updated earth basic map... and expansion version 1.

But not the poster/Extended map version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.