World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Allocating results in naval combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to understand the naval combat rules, but I am unsure as to how results are implemented.

Which of the following is correct?

a. Combat results are inflicted one at a time (starting with all X, then D, finally A). For each result, a target ship is chosen and its defense value is rolled for. Once the result has been inflicted, the next result is implemented until all are done.

b. Targets are chosen for all X results before any dice are rolled. Once targets are chosen, defense rolls are done and results are inflicted. When this is done, targets are chosen for all D results and the process is repeated. A results are allocated only after all D results have been rolled for, but they are also all assigned before any of them are rolled for.

c. Targets are chosen for all results (X, D and A) before any defence dice are rolled.

My gut says a, but I wanted to hear it from the rest of you (cough wifwendell cough) to be sure.

If b or c is the right one, can I choose one ship to take multiple results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
(A) is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.