Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Neff
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's 10% to 50% off. They email you a unique 12-character code. It will translate to a 6-character code during the checkout process.

To reveal your discount, shop online, go most of the way thru checkout, and apply your code. Fair deal? Buy it! Or remove everything from your bag if you don't like the results....

My code became 5K9ST1, which is 15%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you need to already be a member of bn.com? Or is it too late to join and get in on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also got a 15% via email... so.. might not be worth it..
(considering I received 20% physical coupons in the mail just this week.. and used one yesterday).

Wonder when I'll ever get the 50%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual, I got a lousy coupon which makes it not worth while shopping there over any of the other online vendors. You would think that they'd be smart enough to get the message, when you never use the low-discount coupons they send you, that if they want you to spend money they need to try sending you at least a slightly better coupon to see if you'll bite. OK - experience tells us that they're clearly not that smart...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got 20% here. Which makes it only a slightly worse deal than the online vendors using B&N's marketplace to sell the exact same item. But I do get free shipping with B&N so I suppose it evens out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
As usual, I got a lousy coupon which makes it not worth while shopping there over any of the other online vendors. You would think that they'd be smart enough to get the message, when you never use the low-discount coupons they send you, that if they want you to spend money they need to try sending you at least a slightly better coupon to see if you'll bite. OK - experience tells us that they're clearly not that smart...

Personally nothing less than 30% off will get me in store but if you frequented other deal forums you'd know there are tens of thousands of BN customers who jump for even 10% off coupons, let alone 15% or more.

Mine was 20% off today which won't help with the designer games we care about, but will bring the vast majority of BN.com books below Amazon prices and books after all make up the vast majority of their bottom line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you guys pick up if you did get a 50%?

I haven't checked my coupon yet, but have been considering Kingdom Builder. Appears they no longer sell it, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
furtherbum wrote:

I haven't checked my coupon yet, but have been considering Kingdom Builder. Appears they no longer sell it, though?

I noticed that Noblemen is on preorder at B&N. I wonder if you can use a coupon on pre-orders.

This won Hippodice a few years ago. I played a prototype a few times, and am really looking forward to it.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am suprise that they would just send me a 15% coupon. Being a B&N member, they have a log of all my purchases, and I have spend over $1000 in the last 7 months.
Oh well, back to MWO...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
I am suprise that they would just send me a 15% coupon. Being a B&N member, they have a log of all my purchases, and I have spend over $1000 in the last 7 months.
Oh well, back to MWO...

That's exactly why they didn't send you a higher discount coupon. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this is not merit based couponing. As a post above said, there are (somewhat mysteriously) plenty of people who are excited to buy something for 10-15% off MSRP. I don't think of these mystery coupons as a "valued customer appreciation event" as much as "Let's get some people in our stores".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kohls (using an example I know well) also wants to get people into the stores and spending money. They regularly send out coupons like this (although they cap at 30%). Their policy appears to be entirely based upon past history. I would always get the low coupons from them and wouldn't use them, so they started raising the value of the coupons I was sent and now I always get the best coupons and always use them to ensure that I keep getting them. The other component to this is that I rarely bother going in when I don't have the coupon. I'm sure they're well aware of this. Every now and then they'll test me by sending me the next coupon down and I don't use it, so it's back to the highest discount.

Perhaps B&N just have such a huge mailing list that they don't feel the need to do this...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ward
United States
Wayland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I both ended up with 15% coupons (which even added together probably wouldn't be enough to get me in the store). Back to the online stores

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a faithful Borders buyer who switched to B&N after Borders imploded. Got the B&N membership. That said, B&N did nothing to retain me, so I did not renew the membership.

The highest I ever got in a mystery coupon was 20%, which is not much of a deal in the online world when it's calculated against MSRP and most online retailers start at 30% off.

Hey, I know that running a B&M retailer is tough nowadays, but B&N made no effort to keep me, and in fact went out of their way to drive me off. OK, B&N, you succeeded.

Man, I miss Borders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
furtherbum wrote:

Before B&N went to non universal codes/coupons and before Borders closed shop I picked up the following at 50% off:

Survive: Escape from Atlantis! (Stronghold's 1st Edition, not the anniversary edition)
Revolution!
Small World
Catan: 5-6 Player Extension

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i could use a coupon code for a textbook purchase if anyone has one. thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
Kohls (using an example I know well) also wants to get people into the stores and spending money. They regularly send out coupons like this (although they cap at 30%). Their policy appears to be entirely based upon past history. I would always get the low coupons from them and wouldn't use them, so they started raising the value of the coupons I was sent and now I always get the best coupons and always use them to ensure that I keep getting them. The other component to this is that I rarely bother going in when I don't have the coupon. I'm sure they're well aware of this. Every now and then they'll test me by sending me the next coupon down and I don't use it, so it's back to the highest discount.

Perhaps B&N just have such a huge mailing list that they don't feel the need to do this...?

Pure Apophenia, and you're even going so far as to dismiss the evidence that doesn't fit your bias as occasional "testing". laugh

We have two Kohl's charge members in our household and use the highest discount coupons, spend thousands there a year, and still get a random assortment of coupons, with the same leaning towards the 20/30% that everyone else gets.

I also happen to know a number of Kohl's managers that have confirmed that the mailings are absolutely untargeted. Just get to know your local staff and they'll let you do as many scratch offs at the register needed to get the 30% every time.

Incidentally if you're a regular Kohl's person and don't already know about the Official Kohl's Discount Thread over on Slickdeals you're missing a lot of outstanding deals. (though far less of late than in prior months/years)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
i could use a coupon code for a textbook purchase if anyone has one. thank you

Sorry:

Quote:
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK� devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 15% off as well. Wondering if everybody who chooses to check out online just automatically gets the 15?

Also, you think there's anything worth buying with that kind of discount? I was considering Cosmic Encounter, which would be reduced to $50, but I just don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15% off on two email accounts here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I got 15% off as well. Wondering if everybody who chooses to check out online just automatically gets the 15?

As posted above my discount today is 20% as checked online and I've gotten 30-40% online as well during prior sales. Also, whatever you see online is the same thing you'll get by bringing in the printed version. Each email has a unique code linked to both the online and printed coupon.

The one exception is sometimes in the past the lowest coupon has been non-unique and usable by anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I LIKE Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QK9MK8QFS8EZP
15% off for someone reply if you use so others know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I LIKE Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XE847KEEJZCK5
another 15% off reply if use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Sorry:

Quote:
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK� devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

oh, well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hackler

Naperville
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you go about getting these discount codes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.