BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Through the Ages - portable for 2p? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fish face
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how portable this is, if I bought this and took the requisite bits on holiday for 2p games in our holiday apartment? Or would I still end up lugging loads of stuff around that would weigh a whole load?

If not this one, any other suggestions of good med-deep games to take on holiday? Probably not pure card games like RfTG, portable as that is.

Holiday time is an ideal time to get a new game, but I'm not sure that those on my list of wants pack don very small:

- Dominant Species
- 1960 Making of the President
- Macao
- Twilight Struggle
- London

Any thoughts on something similar to the above that I can throw in a suitcase and not upset the scales at check-in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Cummings
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could cross your fingers that the iOS app of TTA is released before you travel. Of course if you are traveling this month then that may not work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B'Cup x
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
have you considered roll through the ages? obviously is significantly more simple, but its also very portable x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Hays
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Compared to other games, I don't remember the box being THAT heavy. If you wanted to make it lighter, you could take stuff out of the box, if you had another way to protect the boards. If you know you'll only do 2p games, you could take out the other two player boards, which would help a little. And there are a bunch of cards that aren't used in 2p games; you could take those out before you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TtA is a relatively small box for the game that comes in it. I commonly pack larger boxes than that for overnight trips for work (Mage Knight). If I knew I had a willing player for TtA on my trip, I wouldn't even hesitate to pack the whole game. I wouldn't leave any part of it either because I'd be afraid that someone would ask to play it besides the original opponent.

Pack it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.