Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tactics: Seduced By Darkness, how many times? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a couple of rules clarifications and FAQ's that state that actions can be played more than once from one card as long as you can pay the cost for the effect. Is this true also for the chaos card: Seduced By Darkness, i.e can I even though the card states: corrupt one target unit. Corrupt as many units as I want as long as I can pay the 0 cost? Seems a bit powerful but I do not understand the difference between that action and different actions that you can pay for multiple times, is it the phrsing of -one- target unit?

On a side note, is mass corruption of enemies possbile withe the base set, chaos and what I've seen of dark elfs seems to rely on the opponent having multiple corrupted units but I have not seen any way of pulling that off.

And for the last side note, how many units can be restored at the start of my turn? 1, or more?

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it does not have a trigger condition and doesn't include a limitation, you can trigger any action of a card in play as often as you want, provided you have legal targets and can pay the cost. Tactics are all actions too, but once you have used them, they are gone. So playing Seduced by Darkness once lets you use the action just once, you cannot trigger the action of one copy of a tactic card multiple times without some way to play the card again (by returning it to your hand somehow or using an effect that allows you to play it from the discard pile).

Without using card effects that allow you to restore units, you can restore just one unit. During your kingdom phase, not at the start of your turn.

Enemy corruption isn't a very good strategy with just the core set. Shrine to Nurgle can help, as can Warpstone Excavation being used by the opponent, but it's just not a reliable approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks it's back to the drawing board for my chaos deck^^ playing against a dwarf/imperial combo that seems quite hard to counter using a chaos deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wordlyweko wrote:
thanks it's back to the drawing board for my chaos deck^^ playing against a dwarf/imperial combo that seems quite hard to counter using a chaos deck.

As mentioned above, Core set Chaos was pretty weak. Skaven helped a lot with a corruption strategy, but it took quite a few card sets before Chaos picked up steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.