Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the proper etiquette for leaving feedback on a one-way trade?

For example, if I ship something to someone as part of an ultimate trade or math-list trade, recieving nothing in return from this person.

What kind of feedback do I leave? Positive? Neutral?

How do other people handle this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I do my feedback based on the communication. So, if the person is a nice, sane person, I give positive feedback. You can always use the text to say 'While I didn't receive anything, x is an easy and friendly person to deal with.'

Or something like that...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Santos
United States
Norton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always leave positive feedback for a smooth transaction.

I think Nuetral has a negative conotation. Maybe a Not Applicable option would work out better in some situations, but as long as it's not a negative transaction, I feel comfortable passing out positive feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That’s an interesting question. I eventually decided to leave positive feedback for any successful transaction, even if I didn’t receive anything. That was partly because of a quirk of the trade manager — The transaction doesn’t clear out of the trade page until you’ve left feedback. And leaving neutral feedback would leave the wrong impression. What really decided it, though, was that everyone who had just sent me a game had left me positive feedback — I felt a bit odd being the only curmudgeon to hold off on doing so.

That said, it does seem a little strange to leave feedback when just sending a game, or to receive it when all I did was open a package.

One of the recent math trades resulted in a bunch of trade proposals which needed to be canceled. To clear them off the trade lists, we needed to leave semi-bogus mutual feedback. That was even stranger than leaving feedback for receiving nothing.

Anyhow, with these big swap meet trades going on, it would be better (i.e., give us more reliable feedback) if there was a specific “one way trade” mechanism, and a way to cancel a trade. With the current arrangement, though, I’ve tried to err in the direction of being polite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah it's not that big of a deal. i leave neutral feedback only when a trade doesn't go through for a non-negative reason. i don't think i've ever left negative feedback -- well i did do it once, but that was an accident, and was corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh.
Can one change feedback?
I recently left neutral feedback in a math trade for the trade in which I didn't receive anything.

I assumed that was, in fact, why the neutral option existed - not applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday Bio wrote:
Huh.
Can one change feedback?
I recently left neutral feedback in a math trade for the trade in which I didn't receive anything.

I assumed that was, in fact, why the neutral option existed - not applicable.

Ahhh thats where my neutral one came from then. THere was me thinking what did i do worng on that trade, all i needed to do was send him my address. Its funny cause I think the general thought is "ohhh he has a neutral trade, i wonder what went wrong, shall i risk it?"

In the math trades that I have done I have always left postive, i would leave neutral if:

It took longer than a week to get in the mail without telling me there was a delay.
If the condition of the game was only good not excellent as advertised.
If i had to send at least 3 messages to get any kind of response on getting the trade done.

Monday Bio, if you find a way to change it that would be great, if not, then i'll just send everyone who worries about dealing with my to your address and you can tell them I am as honest as the day is long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who already has two of these neutral ratings, is there a way for others to see the specific comments about the trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If ever there is a way to change that neutral, I most certainly will.
And let me say - kiwi provides his address like no other.
It truly was joy to send him mail.

If "neutral" is considered questionable - perhaps it should be renamed "questionable" - or perhaps......."?".

Neutral is much closer to irrelevant when not in the know of the connotation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mcpranno wrote:
As someone who already has two of these neutral ratings, is there a way for others to see the specific comments about the trade?

http://boardgamegeek.com/trademgr.php3?action=viewfeedback&u...

For others, here is the link (in 2 lines to avoid the link parser)
http://boardgamegeek.com/trademgr.php3?
action=viewfeedback&username=[Insert UserID Here]

Just cut/paste both lines into your browser and put either your own ID or that of any other geek where indicated.

Only downside I have found is that if the feedback hasn't been mutually left on both sides, some of the feedback is not displayed. But in Michael's case, the neutrals are there with some comment to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that's a great and useful link. i wonder why it isn't generally available... how did you find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.