Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Missile Envy on Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garou Garou
Italy
flag msg tools
I am playing a "solo" game on the Vassal Engine, switching from one side to the other.

I wanted to play "Missile Envy" as an event, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anybody help, please?

Thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This module was designed for live play only. Missile Envy is one of several cards that generates a prompt and expects there to be someone sitting in the other player side to receive it, or the module kind of barfs.

One way to get around this if you are attempting a solo play is to use two computers and a direct connection.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
... or the module kind of barfs.


e-Barf is gross.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homey D Homez
United States
Oakwood
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can run 2 instances of the WarGameRoom TS program on your computer at same time to play a solo game with no problems. http://www.wargameroom.com/downloads.htm If the solo Vassal adventure doesn't work out, give it a try.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
True dat.

I did the same with Maneouvre. Quite fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the subject of Missile Envy on Vassal...
my opponent played Missile Envy on me, drew Red Scare from me, the event occured, but then HE got the -1, not me -- and this cost him the game.

Where should I report it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
On the subject of Missile Envy on Vassal...
my opponent played Missile Envy on me, drew Red Scare from me, the event occured, but then HE got the -1, not me -- and this cost him the game.

Where should I report it?


To me.

What version were you running?

I hadn't heard this bug before.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
TDaver wrote:
On the subject of Missile Envy on Vassal...
my opponent played Missile Envy on me, drew Red Scare from me, the event occured, but then HE got the -1, not me -- and this cost him the game.

Where should I report it?


To me.

What version were you running?

I hadn't heard this bug before.


I think the newest, 3.0.10a, it was on headline, he was ussr, he played Missile Envy, while I had Red Scare in hand, as the only 4 card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Mitiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi !

Not related with Missile Envy - but I've noticed another issue/bug on Vassal module ( last version too ) :

Played with USSR and US player "purged" me in the headline. On 3rd or 4th round I use SALT Negotiation to retrieve Red Scare/Purge card from discard pile. Get it in my hand and ... surprise! the engine switched the "purge/scare" effect on my opponent !
We agree to ignore the engine calculation and to play it as it should happen normally ( so there is a "workaround" ) but I feel that I need to report this bug.

Best regards !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ioan76_TM wrote:
Hi !

Not related with Missile Envy - but I've noticed another issue/bug on Vassal module ( last version too ) :

Played with USSR and US player "purged" me in the headline. On 3rd or 4th round I use SALT Negotiation to retrieve Red Scare/Purge card from discard pile. Get it in my hand and ... surprise! the engine switched the "purge/scare" effect on my opponent !
We agree to ignore the engine calculation and to play it as it should happen normally ( so there is a "workaround" ) but I feel that I need to report this bug.

Best regards !


Yes!
You're right, it was not the missile envy that caused the switch, it was me SALTing Red Scare back! So we are talking about the same bug, actually.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Yes!
You're right, it was not the missile envy that caused the switch, it was me SALTing Red Scare back! So we are talking about the same bug, actually.


This will be fixed in the next release of the module (3.0.11)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.