United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been looking around the last few days for info on whether isotropic would be shutting down on the 22nd as previously planned. Couldn't find anything, but the site is still up and running today. Great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martín Borda
Argentina
San Nicolás de los Arroyos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
badge
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember where I read it, but as far as I remember DougZ stated that Isotropic would work until a week later than the official app goes live.

EDIT: Found it:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4203.msg91...

dougz wrote:
Varsinor wrote:
But what about at least leaving Iso online as is between August 22 and the actual launch of Goko?

I expect that iso will be able to stay up until a week after goko launches, whenever that is, which was basically their original plan. I have not actually heard anything official from them (other than "August 22"), but I think that's because my contact (Trisha) is currently at GenCon and is busy with other things right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Parker
United States
STATEN ISLAND
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If isotropic and Board Game Arena are both using the same takedown date for their respective Dominion services, then isotropic Dominion will tentatively be shutting down on September 14th...that is, if their second launch attempt isn't as much of a train wreck as their first one was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smith
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Iso can be archived in case Goko goes bellyup
(that is, should they actually launch)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isotropic is used by the developers and playtesters, so no matter what, it'll still be there, we just won't be able to access it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Isotropic is used by the developers and playtesters, so no matter what, it'll still be there, we just won't be able to access it at some point.

Is Donald X. planning on using Isotropic for playtesting still? Guilds is the final pre-planned expansion, and I'd guess it's already fully developed/playtested/ready to go to the printers. After that, everything is finished unless RGG can convince Donald X. to create another unplanned expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds doesn't have a release date so I would assume they are still testing it, unless you know otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.