Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lynch
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When you have air cover, and there are two numbers Ex: 2(1), do you count the first for initial attacks and the second for successive attacks, or on the successive attacks roll again for a separate result and THEN use the second #?
If you have good cover, and rolls a ‘6’, you get to remove 3 and (2), this doesn’t leave hardly any fighters left at all, either on the first or second German attack…and almost certainly won’t leave any for a third.
I figured you’d roll once for the first attack, and then roll a separate time for the second time.
There is NO place in the rules or the examples that clarified this or even mentions it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfiverevolutions wrote:

When you have air cover, and there are two numbers Ex: 2(1), do you count the first for initial attacks and the second for successive attacks, or on the successive attacks roll again for a separate result and THEN use the second #?
If you have good cover, and rolls a ‘6’, you get to remove 3 and (2), this doesn’t leave hardly any fighters left at all, either on the first or second German attack…and almost certainly won’t leave any for a third.
I figured you’d roll once for the first attack, and then roll a separate time for the second time.
There is NO place in the rules or the examples that clarified this or even mentions it.

Scott, your first impressions were correct. See below;

3/2
Initial Attack – Remove three enemy fighters
Successive Attack One – Remove two enemy fighters
Successive Attack Two – Remove two enemy fighters

2/1
Initial Attack – Remove Two enemy fighters
Successive Attack One – Remove one enemy fighter
Successive Attack Two – Remove one enemy fighter

1/0
Initial Attack – Remove one enemy fighter
Successive Attack One – Remove no enemy fighters
Successive Attack Two – Remove no enemy fighters

0/0
Initial Attack – Remove no enemy fighters
Successive Attack One – Remove no enemy fighters
Successive Attack Two – Remove no enemy fighters

If you have two or three waves in a zone then you roll for each wave not just once for the zone.

Hope this helps!
Jim P cool

PS when I get home I'll see where in the rules it is stated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
PS when I get home I'll see where in the rules it is stated...

Found it! It is in the note at the bottom of the M-4 FIGHTER COVER DEFENSE Table on the "B-17 MAPBOARD."

Good luck!
Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.