California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this and thought I'd post for those that are interested in the bronze figures.

Though I think it's a cool idea I don't know if its worth buying direct from the publisher or a brick & mortar store just for 1 free bronze figure. Considering the large discount you get for buying from places like Thought Hammer I'd rather save my money. Heck you save almost $30 by shopping around which is a considerable savings.

Now if you got a FULL set for pre-order I'd be very interested. Having just one doesn't do much for me since it would be much cooler to play if everyone had one of these to use. To be honest I wish they offered them as a separate item for sale. Like what Days of Wonder did for the painted Knights set. I'd be happy to buy a set of these for a reasonable cost since its such a nifty addition to the game.

Of course maybe they will copy what Days of Wonder did and offer painted sets down the road. And I'm all for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OR pre-order for the figure (and map), wait a few months, then sell the figure on eBay to make up the difference...

But maybe they will offer up the full set for sale (although they DO say limited edition). I'm with you, though; a full set or none at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Olson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hi all,
Due our licensing agreement with Blizzard Entertainment the number of bronze figures we have been allowed to produce is extremely limited. We will not be able to make them available for direct sale whether alone or in sets.

~Roberta A. Olson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured. Actually, I'm out of luck anyway because, since my birthday is late November followed shortly by x-mas, I've been put on buying probation since September 1 by my wife!

Hopefully, SOMEONE will get me WoW for xmas (I already have a friend who all but promised Descent for the B-Day!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
ScottE wrote:
Now if you got a FULL set for pre-order I'd be very interested. Having just one doesn't do much for me since it would be much cooler to play if everyone had one of these to use. To be honest I wish they offered them as a separate item for sale.

Bronze figures are very expensive. The ones offered in the promo would retail for $30 apiece at a minimum. A complete set would cost at least $480. FFG could offer the full set as a promo, but then they would be taking a lose for each game sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Now if you got a FULL set for pre-order I'd be very interested. Having just one doesn't do much for me since it would be much cooler to play if everyone had one of these to use. To be honest I wish they offered them as a separate item for sale.

Bronze figures are very expensive. The ones offered in the promo would retail for $30 apiece at a minimum. A complete set would cost at least $480. FFG could offer the full set as a promo, but then they would be taking a lose for each game sold.

Yeah, no kidding. Actually, I'm figuring the miniature price at $24, but that's still a huge amount of money to pay for an entire set.

I will admit, though, that the pre-order doesn't interest me. I'll wait until I safely have the money to spend on the WoW boardgame before I even think about buying it, which will be way after Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad they can't produce them in more volume but just getting one doesn't really interest me. The game is very expensive anyway so losing out on a single bronze figure to save a substantial amount of money on the product seems like a better deal. Especially for those of us on a limited budget.

But don't get me wrong. It's a nifty idea. I know alot of people mourn the loss of all the brick and mortar stores. But unfortunately its Darwinism in action. The online stores offer the same product for alot less and buyers will go for the better deal. Unless you have an incentive to buy product from a store (like this). But the funny thing is its not really helping the brick stores that much. Since you only get one choice on figure and if your choice is gone then you get a RANDOM one. Most people that really want a certain figure will buy direct. The slow system put together for the stores almost guarantees a huge delay and a most likely missing figure. Especially when they've stated several times that the promo is very limited.

Its a Win-Win for FFG though. Not only are they going to sell alot more product at retail prices (not distributor prices) but also look great to the brick stores too! Good marketing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Tall
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Not sure if it's worth while for stores in the US, but here in Australia a store has to:

Pay $5US per bronze figure preorder
Pay $20US for a demo copy of the game (1 only)
Pay $60US (!!!!) to have it all shipped here.

Doesn't really seem to be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.