Subject: Slavika preview part 3: Regions and treasures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In previous articles I described how heroes and monsters cards work. Now I will describe regions, where the fighting takes place, and the treasures we will get.
Region cards will be present on the table from the beginning of the game until the end. Number of those cards depends on the number of players. All monster and hero cards will be laid down on the table, on both sides of region cards.

Number on the right side of the region card tells us how many heroes can be assigned to that region. When this number is reached no other cards of that type may be assigned to the region. It is just that the local ruler can’t accommodate such a number of famous and demanding guests. The number on the left side of the region card tells us how many monsters can be assigned to that region before the battle between the forces of good and evil ensues. If the heroes win the players will be awarded victory points.

The number of victory points awarded for winning the battle within the region is written on the top left corner of the card. In this particular example the player who aided most in the battle with monsters (the one, whose heroes strength value is the highest) gets 10 points, the second gets 6 points and the third gets 2 points.

In every game we will have a couple of regions to choose, with different value of victory points, different monster and hero quota, so you will have to choose wisely where you assign your best heroes.
The icon in the lower right corner of the card shows for which number of players that region is used. Some regions will have special abilities – for instance will give more strength to wilk and strzyga cards.

The treasure chest icon shows how many treasure cards will be awarded to the heroes who win the battle. The treasure cards are placed on the region card, face down, before the evil forces invade the region and heroes start arriving to defeat them.
After the battle with the evil forces is ended the treasure cards are uncovered, and player who gets the treasure gains from 2 to 4 victory points.

Sometimes, instead of a treasure, the face of the card reveals a picture of the moon. This is a way of showing the passage of time. After fourth moon card has been revealed the game ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Stepin
Russia
Arkhangelsk
Arkhangelsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm pretty much ready to pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have!

When, where, how?

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasly wrote:
Now I'm pretty much ready to pre-order.

I'm not ready to preorder yet but I'd like to reserve a copy for sure..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.