Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Introduction

PushMePullYou is a territorial game for 2 players.

The game is played on a 100 cell hex board.

You will need 3 Black and 3 White pawns and a supply of counters.

Goal

Push or Pull your opponent's pawns until the player able to place a counter and move his own pawns wins.

Play

Players start by each placing their pawns onto the marked hexes of the board.

White moves first.

Players take turns.

A player on his turn makes 2 moves. First place a counter on a space inline (orthogonally or diagonally) with you or your opponent’s pawn on the board. Once placed counters are fixed.

Next you push or pull you or your opponent’s pawn (orthogonally or diagonally) as far as you like (but a minimum of 1 space is required) along that path and as long as obstacles (counters, opponent’s pawn or the edge of the board) are not encountered.

Play continues until the player that is still able to place a counter and move his own pawns wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the pawns don't really need to be different colors. To start, each player places one pawn on the board, and from then on, either player may move either pawn.

So the first player, "White", is trying to make the game end after an odd number of moves, and the second player, "Black", is trying to make the game end after an even number of moves.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil,

Yes you need separate colors.

I've re-worded the rules, I hope that they make sense now.

I also changed to a hex board, I found that players where winning to often by using the corners of the Chess board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game has been renamed to Moai and is now in the database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.