fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-judge-warns-possib...

I blame Red Dawn.

Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected
Judge Tom Head wrote:
"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.
"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.
"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.
"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So basically a texan is saying he needs more money so he can effectively fight off a UN force that will likely involve some combination of Belgians, Norwegians and maybe a few guys from Ghana.

For shame USA, for shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
So basically a texan is saying he needs more money so he can effectively fight off a UN force that will likely involve some combination of Belgians, Norwegians and maybe a few guys from Ghana.

For shame USA, for shame.

Let's just say that Lubbock is in Texas known to be the home of some more than mildly eccentric people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
My deductive reasoning is twitching again. Let say the US does decide to bring in the UN to attack...Why the hell would anyone want to attack Lubbock? Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, or shoot, maybe even the larger Amarillo, but armpit to nowhere, Lubbock?

Me thinks these nutbags think of themselves too highly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
My deductive reasoning is twitching again. Let say the US does decide to bring in the UN to attack...Why the hell would anyone want to attack Lubbock? Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, or shoot, maybe even the larger Amarillo, but armpit to nowhere, Lubbock?

C'mon, it's obvious. Lubbock has three airports that will be needed by UN forces for strikes against nearby Roswell. The proliferation of Alien technology at Roswell will require a sizable force build up and the UN has to know that Lubbock is a perfect location as a mustering point. Duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

You underestimate the attraction of the Buddy Holly Museum. Lubbock is priority one!

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Buddy Holly. Aliens. It all makes sense now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, taking up arms would be the next 'logical' step for these nutjobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just rewatched Dr. Strangelove the other day:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

You underestimate the attraction of the Buddy Holly Museum. Lubbock is priority one!

-M

Hey Mack! The Buddy Holly Museum is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

I blame Red Dawn.

Judge Tom Head wrote:
"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.
"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.
"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.
"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

That reminds me, have they put out a trailer for the new one? I'll have to go check.

EDIT: Found it:

Ya know, I just don't buy the Koreans being able to launch a successful invasion of us. They did in the game Homefront which came out last year, and it just seems so silly. The chinks, sure. They'll be coming for big fat checks considering what we owe 'em. But the Koreans? It just doesn't follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:
Ya know, I just don't buy the Koreans being able to launch a successful invasion of us. They did in the game Homefront which came out last year, and it just seems so silly. The chinks, sure. They'll be coming for big fat checks considering what we owe 'em. But the Koreans? It just doesn't follow.

Ever since the Soviet Union fell we have been on a quest for a replacement enemy. So far no one can compare to the Russians, Germans, or British, so the quest will continue. At least it led to some cool stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its why we have so many aliens attack the US movies. No other credible bad guys except the Chinese and theres that whole passive-aggressive we're not enemies but definately rivals but we don't want to annoy you too much thing going on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Its why we have so many aliens attack the US movies. No other credible bad guys except the Chinese and theres that whole passive-aggressive we're not enemies but definately rivals but we don't want to annoy you too much thing going on there.

I think that judge said somwhere that he believed Obama was an alien who is leading the vanguard of an invasion force from Alpha Centauri, and invasion force that will be disguised as "UN" troops, though their third eyes and green skin is likely to give them away. Or at least, that's what I thought I heard that judge say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't successfully invade a country with satellites and nuclear missiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:
My deductive reasoning is twitching again. Let say the US does decide to bring in the UN to attack...Why the hell would anyone want to attack Lubbock? Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, or shoot, maybe even the larger Amarillo, but armpit to nowhere, Lubbock.

The sooner we wipe Lubbock from the face of the earth, the sooner we can start forgetting it ever existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I blame Red Dawn.

Judge Tom Head wrote:

That reminds me, have they put out a trailer for the new one? I'll have to go check.

EDIT: Found it:

COMPNOR:

I know you're just using the racial slur facetiously but still could you please not do so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Buddy Holly. Aliens. It all makes sense now!

More than you know:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:
The chinks...

Just unbelievably ignorant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kade wrote:
COMPNOR wrote:
The chinks...

Just unbelievably ignorant.

Just unbelievably Canadian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.