Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond J Dennis Jr
United States
Meredith
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone interested in teaching "Antiquity"? It is going to be in the library. I have never played but would be interested if someone is up to teaching. I own it and can read the rules before hand but am not comfortable teaching. It's not on sbabcock's "BGG.CON Special Game's Signup" but I bet if we get enough people interested and someone to teach we could get it pposted over there and worked into the schedule. They all ready have "Roads & Boats" but I was hoping to get a game of "Antiquity" in too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to trying Antiquity at BGG.con. Maybe on Friday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lee
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Raymond,

I will be happy to teach Antiquity at the con. I have played it many times and it is one of my faves. See you there then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is sitting in my library. I've read the rules and want to play.

Friday works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond J Dennis Jr
United States
Meredith
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we have a few players. How about Friday night after the game show. Say 9:30 or 10:00 p.m.? I might be playing Roads and Boats in the after noon, depends on which day I get signed up for. So night would work for me and if I get the other R&B game, then day would work too. I'll let you guys know as soon as I do I'm glad we have some people to try this game out with. It looks very good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for it too. I bought the game this year and have yet to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond J Dennis Jr
United States
Meredith
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's cool. That's 5 of us so far. I asked Sterling Babcock to add us to the BGG.CON Special Signup List. I think the first one is filled up but there's a second list going. That way maybe we can get everyones schedule worked out. Really looking forward to playing this game. I too have it but haven't played it yet. I plan on doing the Solo game but really want my first experience with it to be a group of people. See you guys at the CON.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game isn't that hard to explain. The complexity isn't in the rules, but the gameplay.

Be aware, for those of you who are playing it for the first time, that if you use the last item of some types (wood, grain, olives, sheep and wine) you're out of it until you find more or trade. This mistake can lead to you suffering a slow death if you do this with wood and can suck the fun out of your first game. The mountain and water locations require wood, so those 5 goods (dye, pearls, fish, gold and stone) depend on wood and not themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
www.garrettsgames.com
badge
This week's podcast - Circus Flohcati, Pi Mal Pflaumen, and Pack O Games Set 2
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, if you haven't downloaded and used Zhenya's stickers for the tiles in Antiquity, you're making the game much harder than it needs to be. Jodi (Zhenya) has done an excellent job of making the tiles MUCH more functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.