North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

We recently cracked out this older and OoP game from Thanes Games. While pretty simple at a glance, it is a lot of fun. We were thinking about how to improve the components. So, I could probably make a bigger and cleaner map. I improved the money:

I think there is some room for improvement with the pieces too! There are cities, wizard towers, castles, and troops of all varieties. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New map:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on some variant PnP rules for EoA. This game is a lot of fun and coupled with the enhanced map I don't think it would be hard to introduce more flavor to the game.

Here is a sample of some unit ideas, including some custom rules for different empires within the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to find a copy. Saw it years ago on the internet when it was available and didn't do anything about it. Now I'm too late.

Though I don't have the game I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I don't think there is any hope of a reprint. Thane disappeared from gaming as far as I can tell. I believe the original print run for EoA was about 100 units and had a rough road to begin with: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=2727

Anyone interested in the component upgrade rules and pieces?

-Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goblins (with a few special units for when the warrens get out of control):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding some custom armies to replace the generic warlords the game has. This week; Lizardmen, Empire of Marr, and Ratmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Empire of Marr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of this during a BGG gift exchange from a guy who went above & beyond and somehow tracked down a copy for me. In the middle of my first solitaire game (me vs. the goblins) right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy to help you print and build out the enhanced set if you are interested. Even the improved map can make a big difference. I have about 8 factions complete so far, as well as all the infrastructure tokens. I tried to keep the units in keeping with the original Armies of Arcana setting. That was a great system before it got sold off.

Tests for Dwarves
(Warriors, Engineers, Mithril Warriors, Wizards, War Machines, and Iron Clads)

and Sea Elves
(Warrior, Cavalary, Corsairs, Wizards, Sea Monsters, and Navy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.