Subject: [Andriod] UniWar HD free at Amazon AppStore today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave T
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The highly regarded strategy game UniWar HD is free on Amazon's AppStore today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BIN9EW?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_...

Hopefully the link works. If not, please let me know and I will update it. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
http://videogamegeek.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I normally check the free app of the day everyday, but would have missed this one- which would have stunk because it's the first one in a long while that has looked interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
LSUtigers wrote:
Thanks. I normally check the free app of the day everyday, but would have missed this one- which would have stunk because it's the first one in a long while that has looked interesting.
Yep, Amazon's free app has been largely garbage for most of the year.

The funny thing about UniWar is that it's been around for awhile and has rarely been improved upon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Anyway to obtain an Amazon app without installing the Amazon Appstore first? I going to be giving a tablet as a gift for Christmas and would love to put this on it, but I don't have the tablet yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fiveolddogs wrote:
Amazon app without installing the Amazon Appstore

I tried to do this before my tablet arrive, but to no avail. If you have a friend with an android device, you could ask him to install the app, run it, then uninstall it. After that, Amazon should allow you to "purchase" their free apps using your account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm a little unclear on how accounts are managed on Android devices. This device will be a Google Nexus. If I somehow am able to purchase apps from Amazon using my account, will the gift receiver be able to install those apps, even if they have their own Amazon account?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Buy" the app now on the Amazon website (one click if you're logged in). Whenever you get a new Android device in future, install the Appstore and you'll be able to install any apps in your Amazon account.

If you're giving the tablet to someone else, you'll need to get them to buy it using their Amazon account, which might give away the surprise a bit I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I got a free $1 Amazon MP3 download promo credit for "buying" Uniwar for $0.00!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:
"Buy" the app now on the Amazon website (one click if you're logged in). Whenever you get a new Android device in future, install the Appstore and you'll be able to install any apps in your Amazon account.

If you're giving the tablet to someone else, you'll need to get them to buy it using their Amazon account, which might give away the surprise a bit I guess.

Unless they've changed things, I don't think you can make an app purchase unless you have a device registered with them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Lee
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.