Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

With all the stretch goals, this has reached unprecedented value. For $100, you get about 200 high quality miniatures, valued at over $1000 MSRP.

Also you can sub out the "sophie" model for $25 credit on the additions, including paints and other models.

To be eligible for the VERY cheap paint sets, you only need to back for $1. 12 paints for $18 is an amazing price, and the paint set 1 is the perfect beginner set. Reaper paints are top of the line.

I'm not affiliated with Reaper, just blown away by this kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL

thread being moved to Kickstarter forum in 3...2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great deal, but there have already been about ten threads on it that the mods keep inexplicably moving to Kickstarter forums that I can't even find.

Hope this one stays up because it's about the hottest deal ever for minis, Kickstarter or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not sure this needs to be moved. This really is a "hot deal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Texjets281 wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

With all the stretch goals, this has reached unprecedented value. For $100, you get about 200 high quality miniatures, valued at over $1000 MSRP.

Also you can sub out the "sophie" model for $25 credit on the additions, including paints and other models.

To be eligible for the VERY cheap paint sets, you only need to back for $1. 12 paints for $18 is an amazing price, and the paint set 1 is the perfect beginner set. Reaper paints are top of the line.

I'm not affiliated with Reaper, just blown away by this kickstarter.

Unrelated - Love your avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
LOL

Bleh, didn't realize there was a KS forum. I was surprised I didn't see this listed in hot deals already. Now I know why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Texjets281 wrote:
jobin13 wrote:
LOL

Bleh, didn't realize there was a KS forum. I was surprised I didn't see this listed in hot deals already. Now I know why.

yea...and for what its worth I wasn't laughing at you - just at the fact that because the mods have moved (at least) two threads from here to the KS forum already (which is impossible to find), people are going to keep looking in Hot Deals for this project, not finding it, and doing exactly what you did.

As an aside, I think that Kickstarter projects can ALSO be hot deals (and thus belong in both forums). Most of them aren't. This one is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
the KS forum already (which is impossible to find)

I had no idea there was a Kickstarter forum. I've looked for it, and can't find it (as was suggested above).

Can someone provide a link to it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave T
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the Kickstarter area, where you can access the forums and whatnot: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/8374/kickstarter

And here is the main Reaper kickstarter thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837292/reaper-kickstarter-pa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I couldn't find it as I was assuming from people's posts that it was a main forum. It didn't occur to me to treat it like a "game" with it's own subforums.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ferris
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to be "that guy," but regardless of the value of a Kickstarter promotion, these are always going to be posts in the best interest of the poster rather than an actual "hot deal." Without exception, these Kickstarters posted to the Hot Deals forum have had stretch goals that earn backers more stuff as higher funding goals are hit. Posters of such "deals" have a personal interest in seeing more people support it as they may get more stuff for themselves.

Additionally, I think statements like "$1000 MSRP" are misleading at best. We see these inflated MSRPs all the time with Tanga deals, and I think we all recognize these claims as ingenuine at best.

On top of that, and supporting my thoughts in the first paragraph, this is a repost of a repost.

To keep this forum clear of spam and bias, I continue to believe that all posts here should be free of direct benefit to the original poster. This means no referral links, no posts by vendors, and no Kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
It's just going to get posted again when this is moved away. I don't understand why they can't just create a "kickstarter" folder somewhere that is not hidden or hard to get to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
gertbert wrote:
It's a great deal, but there have already been about ten threads on it that the mods keep inexplicably moving to Kickstarter forums that I can't even find.
Hope this one stays up because it's about the hottest deal ever for minis, Kickstarter or otherwise.
And every time it gets moved, another person (completely un-prompted and organically!) adds it again!
Which DEFINES the deal as a HOT DEAL! LOL!

And the haterz still bitch as though someone alerting them to a great deal is totally ruining their day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously though, this KS defies logic to me.

If it were 26 minis for $20 that's hot. If it's 130 or whatever minis for $100, that's not. It's like saying you can get 130 pies for $100, yeah, pies are good and a pie for less than a dollar is great, but what am I going to do with 130 pies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0BOOgW7rHE - A pie fight maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
ralpher wrote:

If it were 26 minis for $20 that's hot. If it's 130 or whatever minis for $100, that's not. It's like saying you can get 130 pies for $100, yeah, pies are good and a pie for less than a dollar is great, but what am I going to do with 130 pies?
A) It's over 200 minis for $100 pledge.
B) Reaper Bones minis currently go for $2-$3 each. Do the math. $0.50 per mini beats the living hell outta $2-$3 per mini.
C) I need 200 minis because they are minis & you can never have enough. They aren't pies, just like apples aren't oranges.

I plan on diving around in mine like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:

Minis games often require dozens upon dozens of minis. RPGs as well. These are even from different genres and can be used to pimp out dozens of miniless games.

For those who enjoy painting and want practice minis or just some different ones, this is great.

It's not like pies.

It's like crayons. Each is different, and the more you have, the more you can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
It's like saying you can get 130 pies for $100, yeah, pies are good and a pie for less than a dollar is great, but what am I going to do with 130 pies?

Have a massive 3 day gaming session with tons of friends. Pie always gets people out for gaming.

As for the minis, throw out your ideas here, or look over all the ideas lots of people have already put out there.

Geeklist: Boardgames that would benefit from Reaper's miniatures Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:

Or, to continue the analogy, perhaps it's like a deal saying you get 143 different FFG boardgames for $700? I mean, what is one going to do with that many boardgames?

On a more serious note, I hear what you are saying. For some people, 100 minis is more than they would ever need to improve their copy of 2nd edition Descent, DIY / replace parts from their thrifted copies of Space Hulk and Heroquest, and have totally awesome Zombie Hunter pieces for Zombie in my Pocket.

To continue with the pie example, however: this isn't a situation where you are receiving 200 identical apple pies. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, each ~3/4 of the 200 minis are unique.* (And not in the "special like a snowflake" sense, either). It's like the Willy Wonka ran a pie factory, and had a blowout sale on every flavour in the store. And because it's Willy Wonka, the pies could be stored for later without expiry date.

Not that I'm saying this Kickstarter is necessarily for you. If $100 for ~200 minis + a figure case or a really awesome large mini or two (you can trade out the Metal "Sophie" for a free $25 figure case, $25 dragon of awesome, $25 worth of paints) doesn't float your particular boat, quite fair! And if the KS was for 200 fairly similar minis, I'd also be unlikely to support.

But for the record: this isn't a simple case of simply "buying one or two objects in really really large quantities to get a discount".

*the exceptions being 3 additional copies of rat, goblin, and kobold sculpts, 1 additional copy of 5 different undead sculpts, and 1 additional copy of 6 different vermin sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
A) It's over 200 minis for $100 pledge.
B) Reaper Bones minis currently go for $2-$3 each. Do the math. $0.50 per mini beats the living hell outta $2-$3 per mini.
C) I need 200 minis because they are minis & you can never have enough. They aren't pies, just like apples aren't oranges.

I plan on diving around in mine like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin.

I want to give 2 thumbs. One for the points, another for the Scrooge McDuck reference(but mostly for the latter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't have read this whole thread...now I'm hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redgar wrote:
In fact, unless I'm much mistaken, each of the 200 minis is unique.*

You are mistaken.

The whole dungeon group is a small number of minis, something like 5 copies of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Redgar wrote:
In fact, unless I'm much mistaken, each of the 200 minis is unique.*

You are mistaken.

The whole dungeon group is a small number of minis, something like 5 copies of each.

And some of the vermin are 2x.

But, it is a fair statement to say that a vast majority are unique.

What I also like about it is that they're not all fantasy. There's a broad spectrum (fantasy, sci-fi) allowing for a broad spectrum of games. Throw a few into this box, a few into that box, and soon they're spread amongst your board game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Texjets281 wrote:

I'm a very excited backer as well, but the $1000 MSRP referenced is definitely misleading. That's the value of all of these minis if you were to buy them in their metal/pewter form that some fans did the math on. I don't think Reaper has ever claimed an overall MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grifta67 wrote:
Texjets281 wrote:

I'm a very excited backer as well, but the $1000 MSRP referenced is definitely misleading. That's the value of all of these minis if you were to buy them in their metal/pewter form that some fans did the math on. I don't think Reaper has ever claimed an overall MSRP.

Even as Bones pricing, if they average $2.50 per piece, it's over $500 value and climbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.