Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is mentioned in another thread (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/563554/does-this-game-end-in... ) that in a two player game when a HQ dies, it comes off the board at the end of the initiative phase it died, then battle continues to see if it ends in a draw.
Logically, the losing player's pieces remain on the board until the end of the battle to have a shot at that draw.

In the deathmatch rules however, it says that dead HQ and it's units come off the board. Should I assume that the units leave immediately when the HQ dies or does this work like in 2-player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
Should I assume that the units leave immediately when the HQ dies or does this work like in 2-player?

I would assume that if the units are supposed to come off, the rules would say so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, they say they come off, but they don't say when exactly, along with HQ or at the end of battle. It really matters in multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
designer
(This space intentionally left blank.)
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Android app, I believe they come off at the end of the battle, just like in two player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I handle it just like the android app does. The HQ dies at the end of the initiative phase in which it is reduced to zero (and thus does NOT get a shot in initiative phase zero), but all other pieces get one last shot in their respective initiative phases, if applicable. Then, after initiative phase zero, when all the other HQ's have had their combat turns, any surviving hexes from the dead HQ(s') army(s) are removed from the board as well.

I hope this is an adequate answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.