Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I dont yet have my copy of the ex-pack but was wondering is it possible to play the game with only the Coast and Lake boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Hello,

I dont yet have my copy of the ex-pack but was wondering is it possible to play the game with only the Coast and Lake boards?

Not the recommended setup in the rules: Shadowbrook/The Coast or Shadowbrook/Echo Lake/The Coast in that order.

Note that there is a secret passage between The Coast and Shadowbrook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The problem with not using the main board (Shadowbrook) is that when minions move, they march toward Town Hall. If you aren't using the board that has Town Hall on it, you'd need to house rule a new place for them to move towards.

Also, I think the game would be kind of hard (though not impossible) without access to the Town spaces, and "easy" areas like the Windmill and Manor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new town hall on The Coast board. I think you lose a lot without the main board: Town Items, encounters, Town Elders- some of whom are referenced on mystery cards. I think it can be done but would not be nearly as fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Erickson
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything can be done with a House rule.

In the Coast rules, there is a rule for playing without the lake, or coast and leaving the lair cards in place. If a location is drawn that is not there it is a wild and the player can pick any named space. If starting a showdown with a wild again it can be any named space, but the cost is double to start the showdown, and the layer ability is still used. If the cost to start a showdown is already double (like scarecrow Well Hidden Ability) then triple it.

That said you could pull the main board, use the new Coastal Town Square as the center and move toward that. You may put town Items into the Coastal Deck if you wanted to be nice and allow players to access them still.

You may need to pull some of the cards that talk about the main board, and reroute secret passageways etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.