Subject: Anybody playing the Nacho Incident? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nacho Incident looks pretty decent; I'm wondering if anybody has played it yet? And if so, would you recommend it?
Thanks in advance,
John Green

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oooo oooo oooo didn't know it was out! off to go find it!

ummm sorry, no I haven't played it. Yet. I love Monkeys and Penguins
from 8 Foot Llama. Been looking forward to this one. Also, has artwork from Scott Starkey (Yekrats).

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got it in the mail the day before yesterday. I played it that same day. I'm planning to write up a session report tonight if I get a few minutes. I'll happily add a review after another game or two to try some things out with different numbers of players and different strategies, probably this weekend.

As an introductory disclaimer, I am not unbiased. As an American who has lived in Mexico and really likes Mexican food, I often complained about the lack of good Mexican food in Canada while I lived there the last five years. Having recently returned to the US where I can enjoy excellent Mexican food, I feel blessed, but I have not forgotten the plight of our beloved neighbors, the Canadians.

That said, here's a quick review.

It's a fun game. The mechanics of the game fit the theme very well. It was obviously developed with the theme in mind. It plays very quickly once you are familiar with the rules. I was captured far too many times by the RCMP (Mounties) in my first game by being too bold in my smuggling. My daughter ended up winning quite handily. (That's okay, because she likes Mexican food as well.)

Good theme and good simple mechanics to fit the theme. Good components. Good, important, socially-consious topic. And good fun. I would recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I just played it again with three players this time. Even better than the first time since we knew what we were doing. It ended up being a very loud game because of all the exclamations. We really got into it. And I lost again by a mere 2 points. This time I lost it because of the cantina scoring in the end. So close. End scores: 80-78-57.

I like the way the simultaneous action card mechanic works in this with the smugglers. They have number values to determine turn order, but depending on which foods you have to smuggle, the demand in the individual provinces and which provinces your smugglers operate in, it makes for some tough choices. Not an incredibly deep game, but it does take some thought and is nicely balanced.

I still recommend it. I give it an 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.