Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we got the 4th edition today in the mail and started playing.

I've been wondering: do non-card enemies on the board count as trophies when defeated?(for instance, those found at the Tavern, Crags, Cave and Forest).

We've always played that they do. I just wanted to confirm this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
No, as they do not have cards you can use as trophies. However, if you wish you can use tokens of some sort to help you remember if you wish to house rule this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they do not count as trophys (although they did in 3rd edition, meaning you got experience points for them as far as i know).
In the 4th edition, they are not even referred to as enemies (only adventure cards with a printed "ENEMY" on them, are enemies), anything else is just a creature and those board-creatures cannot be taken as a trophy... (this was the case in the 2nd edition also but they did not have the clear terminology back then ; ))

edit: Jon was faster whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, that makes sense, actually.
We've never taken trophies for say, The Sentinel and The Pit Fiends, so no reason to take them for the rest of on-board monsters.
We've just been fooled by the fact that some of those board critters are identical to their card cousins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.