Subject: Santa the Brainless rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Clouse
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This past Sunday my son (10), daughter (7), and I went to Gencon on Family Fun Day and my kids got sucked into a game of Zombie Dice by one of the persuasive Steve Jackson reps. He specifically warned me up front that it was zombie themed and may not be appropriate for the kids. No big deal. There are no graphic images or anything so I gave the go ahead.

First round - My daughter quickly caught on and jumped ahead by declining to roll again as soon as she got 5 quick brains, but she was very quiet and didn’t seem into it from my point of view. My son was super excited about being a zombie and pushed his luck too far and got blasted three times and lost everything.

Second round - My daughter got lucky again and made it to 10 brains before declining to roll again, still seeming uninterested. My son was pretty lucky on the first roll and got the brains of the red dice and a yellow on the first roll. He ended up with 5 brains before he declined.

Third round - At this time the gentleman introduced the expansion with Santa, the Action Hero, and Heroine. He explained how these dice worked and my daughter went first. She got blasted twice right off the bat and got the double brain from Santa. She instantly did a fist pump and exclaimed "Yes. I ate Santa’s brain!" At this point we all started laughing and some people passing looked at her said "I love this girl." After composing ourselves from this my son got one last turn and was instantly blasted 4 times (the Action Hero has two guns). We laughed again and decided to declare my daughter as the winner.

My kids enjoyed the game so much that they begged me to buy it. After some searching and asking I found out that the game was sold out, but I was able to find it on eBay for pretty much retail plus $3 for shipping. Not too bad of a deal. I can't wait to play with the kids again tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you managed to find the expansion as well. they'll want to play that having tasted it.
to be pedantic, santa's double brain is a present, not his actual brain. that's the single brain side of the die. it's important for the rescue rule.
also, I found calling the hottie and the hunk Barbie and Ken, kids could relate to the dice a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.