Lucas Mendes
Brazil
New York
flag msg tools
By the rules of acquiring a treasure, could I put Sting in my deck to use in other quests with the Hero Bilbo from HfG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules of including a Treasure card in your deck, the quest must allow for treasures from a specific encounter set to be included.

So no, since quests outside of the Hobbit do not allow Treasure Cards from the "We Must Away, Ere Break of Day" Encounter Set, you cannot use Sting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...treasure cards never begin play with the starting heroes, right? You have to find them in your deck in later scenarios and then play them onto the heroes? That's so weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mythdracon wrote:
So...treasure cards never begin play with the starting heroes, right? You have to find them in your deck in later scenarios and then play them onto the heroes? That's so weird.

It depends on the scenario. For the 2nd scenario of Over Hill and Under Hill (Over the Misty Mountains Grim), you are allowed to search your deck for 1 treasure and add it to your hand as part of the 1st stage. When playing scenarios from On the Doorstep, you use a different version of Bilbo that allows you to pay 1 Baggins resource to search your deck for a treasure that you add to your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.