Hide
11 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do Chthonians exist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Botartt
msg tools
Unless I'm mistaken, the only scenario (including expansions) which has one appear is The Inner Sanctum, only in one of the plots. Pretty lame: I was thinking of altering the Summoning card to allow Chthonians for 3 cultists, Soggoths for 4. This would weaken this card a little, though in the scenarios I've played with this card tend to very very difficult for the investigators...
Feedback most welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is why salty and I keep putting Chthonians in our custom scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cthonians just dont fit the mansion theme by lovecraftian standards, not much you can really do with them and i think they could of chose a much more suitable creature instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
margulix
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lame that there are 2 chtonian miniatures - but you can use only 1 in only inner sanctum. So another one is totally useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or did anyone else think, upon reading the thread title, that the OP would be asking about Chthonians, you know, for real laugh ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elan Morin Tedronai
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
Is it just me or did anyone else think, upon reading the thread title, that the OP would be asking about Chthonians, you know, for real laugh ?

That's exactly what I thought as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morridini wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

That's exactly what I thought as well

So he wasn't ??????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gaston2010 wrote:
Morridini wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:
Is it just me or did anyone else think, upon reading the thread title, that the OP would be asking about Chthonians, you know, for real :laugh: :D ?

That's exactly what I thought as well :D

So he wasn't ??????

That's what I thought as well. That's why the scenarios that salty and I write are semiautobiographical. I really did get pulled into a painting in the 1920's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming because of that time I jumped into a mirror. Granted, in real life it just left me with head trauma and several shards of broken mirror instead of transporting me to the netherworld, but it was still terrifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Pretty lame: I was thinking of altering the Summoning card to allow Chthonians for 3 cultists, Soggoths for 4.

Just to point out, the Summoning card is available in the story where a Cthonian is the objective monster...being able to summon up more would make things a bit odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles vera
United States
el paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to use the Cthonian!!! I've played about five times and have never used it once!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.