Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 2 weeks ago I bought a new Mage Knight game that's missing crucial bits.

Promptly went to the Wizkids replacement page, created an account, listed the items I needed, provided a copy of my receipt for purchase, and then nothing.

How long does it usually take to get an acknowledgement that they received my request?

Is there anyway to contact them?

Have other people gotten replacement parts? How long did it take?

Should I contact the retailer and try to involve them in this (one-sided) process?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids is very good at replacing components, if you look under open tickets you can see if your components have been processed. They will notify you and you will come home someday to a little box with your missing pieces.....sometimes they get bogged down especially after a big release when a lot of little stuff pops up but they will help you out and do it with a smile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you logged back into their website to review your order? I know when I have done replacements with them they would approve the order and not sent any email notifications to that effect. If it still isn't approved there should be an email for 'international' replacement issues. Drop a line there, they are pretty good about responding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I log back in every few days.

Same message as always.

They have received my receipt for purchase.

Other options include deleting my receipt and uploading a new one (???)

The status of my "package" is "received" same as on the first day.

What irks me is that I cannot play this game until I get the missing bits. Can't even trade the game since it's missing parts.

This was my first purchase of a Wizkids product. Probably my last too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, I would try and return it to the shop and get another copy. Let them sort it out.

What parts are you missing - there may be something that we can do to help you out in the short term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the suggestion, but the online retailer is all out of copies. Besides, I wouldn't want to have to pay for shipping this large and heavy game.

The absence of any method of communication with Wizkids is quite surprising. I've never encountered a publisher that could not be contacted. I can't think of any good reasons a company would not want to be contacted by their customers...

It doesn't fill me with hope.

I guess I'll contact the retailer and maybe they can help me get the ball rolling.

I'm concerned about this 90 day window of opportunity for replacement parts. If Wizkids runs out the clock I'm SOL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Niemand wrote:
I'm concerned about this 90 day window of opportunity for replacement parts. If Wizkids runs out the clock I'm SOL...

You did contact them within those 90 days, therefor it should count as you having made your move in time. While my law education only covers the European area, given what I heard from some folks from the States I studied with a while back it's similar there and I would be surprised if that turned out to be the problem.

Then again Wizkids has a rather mixed rep in that regard, so you never know. For what it's worth, I got replacement parts relatively quickly while others had their replacement order on hold for a rather long time but then did get it after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that sometimes the time it takes to replace parts is affected by the availability of said parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The only 1 person I know about who had to wait more than a few weeks was because the part he wanted replaced was out of stock. Everyone else gets them replaced in a lot less time than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem Schmidt
Netherlands
Biddinghuizen
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Trying to hit that arrow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, let's see how long it takes to replace a card. My copy of the game I bought this month is missing spell card 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
submitted replacement request 12 Aug, dispatched on 26 Aug... awaiting delivery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little follow up.

After posting this thread I was contacted by a Wizkids representative who expedited processing of my replacement bits. Those bits arrived today.

He also asked me to not mention his contact info to anyone else - a very bizarre request from a customer service rep, if you ask me.

A question immediately springs to mind, "Why would any company want to avoid being contacted by their customers?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that the 'rep' probably has a full time job at WK and might have just been helping out a bit if they were busy. By giving out his contact information means that he'll get inundated with direct requests for things when he should be off doing more important stuff

Now, if he'd been clever, he'd have just given them a false name. Preferably someone in the next department who he doesnt get on with. Thats what I do all the time.

Yours,

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I received my replacements today, which given they were sent from the US to the UK was fairly speedy

However....

out of 20 tokens

2 were missing (I think confusion regarding the Orc tokens as I could only make one entry, but assumed it meant both tokens would be replaced as it says "Game should have 2" and didn't allow me to change quantity to 2 or add another entry)

of the 18 tokens received 16 were reverse stamped again...

So now I need to contact Wizz Kids about it. Anyone know their email I can't seem to find a standard customer support email on http://wizkidsgames.com/support/

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
So I received my replacements today, which given they were sent from the US to the UK was fairly speedy

However....

out of 20 tokens

2 were missing (I think confusion regarding the Orc tokens as I could only make one entry, but assumed it meant both tokens would be replaced as it says "Game should have 2" and didn't allow me to change quantity to 2 or add another entry)

So now I need to contact Wizz Kids about it. Anyone know their email I can't seem to find a standard customer support email on http://wizkidsgames.com/support/

Thanks for your help!

Sending a message to wkprodreplacement@gmail.com will get you contact with a human at wizkids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
Gutripper wrote:

However....

out of 20 tokens

Thanks for your help!

Sending a message to wkprodreplacement@gmail.com will get you contact with a human at wizkids.

Thanks Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it seems Wizzkids will just resend reverse stamped tokens as replacements which made the whole exercise of asking for replacements completely pointless

I got this answer back from them already

"We can't replace the tokens as you requested because that is not what we have available to send. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem Schmidt
Netherlands
Biddinghuizen
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Trying to hit that arrow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my spellcard today! Thank you wizkids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.