Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two distinct ways of the game ending. The game ends immediately if one player has all his Dalek or Tardis tokens in play at the beginning of his turn. The other is when the "Game End" card appears, at which point we go into an "End Game" period. It seems to me from reading the rules that we are meant to consider the End Game period as being quite distinct from the rest of the game.

My question is this: what happens if a player, at the beginning of his turn in the End Game period has all of his Dalek or Tardis tokens in play? Does the game immediately end?

Ta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: End Game Clarification
Hello,

I would think so, yes.

If not, how would this player mark an enemy he would place on another player's location during his turn ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duncan wrote:
Hello,

I would think so, yes.

If not, how would this player mark an enemy he would place on another player's location during his turn ?

There are other things that a player could be obliged to do besides placing an Enemy.

However, I agree, it does seem to make sense for the game to end immediately, if a player is out of tokens at the start of his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first game yesterday, I'm not so sure now. It seems easier to get to this point (five tokens of the same kind placed) in the "end game" segment.

Actually it occurred yesterday, and we agreed that the game was then in an entirely new development : 5 cards each, no drawing, one action at a time, and ending when a player has no action possible to do. And only this last condition will end the game, the "5 tokens" rule becoming obsolete...

I guess this will need an official answer blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also had this happen in our 4 player yesterday, and we completed the 'End Game' phase despite a player having all of their Dalek Tokens in play in the first round of the End Game.

Our reasoning was simply based upon the rules stating:

'The game is also close to ending if the Game End card is revealed. A special ‘End Game’ period must now be completed, where Players play out their remaining cards.'

We, without any official interpretation available, decided that this special period was outside of the normal game and 'must be completed' regardless of Dalek or TARDIS tokens.

However, it would be easy to argue to the contrary because the rules clearly state:

'The game will end immediately if at the beginning of your turn you have all five of your Dalek counters or all five of your TARDIS counters in play.'

With hindsight, as there is a distinct advantage to play last because if you have a Location card you can play it out uncontested and are guaranteed the points from it (our game was won this way), it would be better to allow a player to be able to control the game end by playing out a last token, forcing players to either accept or challenge, and possibly preventing the last player (it isn't hard to figure out who is going to be last) from gaining a potential 4 or 5 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
The Beatles Live at the BBC
mbmbmbmbmb
we had the same scenario the last game we played
player running out of dalek counters and other player winning by
playing a location card at the death
as the rules aren't specific i guess you just have to decide between
yourselves which will apply
personally i favour the game ending when the player has run out
of dalek/tardis counters at the beginning of his turn
also if you played to the game end card rules would a player be
allowed to attack another location if they dont have any dalek tokens left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The game always ends when it reaches a player's turn and they have either all five Dalek or Tardis counters in play, regardless of whether the end game period has been initiated.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
The game always ends when it reaches a player's turn and they have either all five Dalek or Tardis counters in play, regardless of whether the end game period has been initiated.

Martin

Thanks for clearing that up, Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.